Chapter 35

The car was slightly rocking from left to right and then from right to left as my thoughts did too. Syn was sitting at the back seat, the one near the left window and I was resting my head on his lap. The driver was from the Inevitable, maybe one of Syn's arms or something... And no, I wasn't jealous.

Just as I was about to pull my head up to ask Syn a question he gestured one finger on my lip, "Shush. You need rest. I'll explain everything when we get there."

I didn't even know where we were going, but it felt, of course, safer around Syn to go to an unknown place than being blind-folded and lead to a currently-investigating warehouse. The car pulled stop at curb and the driver stepped out to open the door. I sat up and Syn stepped out with me on his heels.

It was his home. The familiar orange smell hit me as he opened his apartment door and I crushed onto his bed in his bedroom just on the left from the door. He closed it with a light click and went into the lounge room for food as I laid quietly and listened for the ruffling of the bags and the splashing of water and everything.

 "This is the cute thing." He reached over and pulled some blankets from the end of his bed and set it on me, "C'mon."

"What exactly happened to me?" I asked. Relying on people felt so good after being a high commander and had to act tough for so long a time and being not allowed to cry and to give up and to be cared off at all times.

I sat at the head of his bed and pull my knees close as he rummaged through his closet, "Well, you had bruises and the poison was real bad and you past out of course. Then you tore some muscles in your legs. Then you're pretty much not hurt after all that that are counted."

"'K." I said and laid down, "Wake me up when you finish your shower."

"No prob." He slid the door closed behind himself and I curled up into a ball. The light didn't even bother me. Maybe tomorrow would end up in a big, bloody fight, or it would be a ball with strict rules, but whatever it might be, I would just steal some sleep now, in the house of...

...My private doctor.