Chapter 39

Huh. Well that was very sweet of the Mute Moon to do to prepare all those stuff. I found my name at almost the end of one table and Eli's just on my right- at least they grouped us into our... Groups? Then someone must be sitting on my right. I tilted my gaze and read the name... Sonya Campbell from the Mute Moon. Hey! My head said, Does that mean distrust? Do they think that they couldn't rely on us to push down the urge of a gun fight?

Actually, talking about guns... There were no security were there? No-one searched our pockets when we came in, and there were no people to be seen standing around the place with mini headphones and hands behind their backs and black suits and pistols in their pockets... I started to regret that I didn't bring any weapon with me when in the microphone a man said, "Please, all guns and other weapons on the silver trays."

Oh so that's why. Waiters and waitresses with uncomfortable uniforms (Why do people have to wear uniforms!) came around with old-fashioned trays and people put loads of guns and knifes on them. Well that was friendly- what if they got them and don't give them back to people?

Eli and John put some stuff on the trays too. I was just sitting around doing nothing when a waiter walked past me with a suspicious stare. I just opened my jacket and showed him that there were nothing inside.

"Welcome to the Meeting! It's such a great pleasure for the Mute Moon that we are the host this year." The man who had spoken before turned the microphone on again and the party went quiet, "I am Jim Hamish and you guys probably had done loads of studies on me? ...Sorry. Okay. I will in a very short time introduce everyone to everyone... For now have a chat among yourselves."

Eli turned to me, "He's so gay."

I almost made my sentence when the girl beside me, Sonya Campbell who had long, curly blonde hair and one very pale face leaned forward and looked at Eli, "That's rude."

"No it's not," Eli gave her the same look which was the raising-an-eyebrow-like-a-b***h look, "It's the truth. And trust me beauty, I know what I'm talking about here."

I sat there and said nothing- there was this tension between these two were just about to began that I should not interrupt, so instead I looked for Syn. He was sitting two tables and a side away from me and was staring at me. I gave him a little wave the way he did.

"Oh, as if," Sonya Campbell said and waved her hand in a feminine way (Which in anyways did not attract me which was probably the reason she did it but Haec est vita- this is life...) and said, "Don't you say, emm, Jacky Amber?"

Eli was giving me this look as if I was straight. I gave him back this look as if I wasn't, which I wasn't but that wasn't the point. "I'm not really sure," I turned to the blonde girl and said, "I wouldn't judge considering my own problems."

She just rolled her eyes as we all turned our attention back to Jim Hamish. The guy was in a white suit and walking down the aisle between the first table and the second one which was the one I was sitting at. "This is the head of the Tyrannosaur Clan, Joseph Hart. This is the mistress of the Eternal Maze, Maria Alexander..."

Boring boring boring blah blah blah.