Chapter 11

Ugh! So frustrated that every time it seemed like a perfect timing for a good, long snogging session there must be something there to interrupt. It had been two days, and if it wasn't Amy's sudden interruption of the making-out-in-the-bathroom it would be some more disturbing news of Titian Cam. I was going to be crazy!

On the other hand, Syn looked just fine. It was like the stops never bothered him. I wasn't even sure of his feelings for me any more. Well at least it was one problem solved because the bullet course had ended... But Amy still occasionally showed up for no specific reasons. Or maybe, I knew why.

Today when I was working my head off trying to calculate where the Titian guy would show up (It was like my works these days were all about him!) Amy came in again just to "check on you guys". After she left with not just a few winks at Syn I finally looked up at the guy who was hanging around doing nothing and distracting me by his bare abs and so on and said, "You need to do something about her, Syn."

"What?" He looked surprised, sitting on the big platform just beside my feet with his legs dangling and swirling in the water, "I'd love to have an admirer."

"Finish her before it's too late." I cautioned him and got back to my work, "You know how it would end if you don't."

Syn stopped all the movement at one second and started swinging his legs again that I wasn't even sure I saw it right, "Yes, I afraid I do."

The next time she butted in I found a perfect excuse to hide in the bathroom and doing my eavesdropping business. I heard Amy's cheerful voice, "Do you want me to bring anything?" Wow. She was pretty bright and invincible for a private bullet-coursed doctor.

"No." I could then hear Syn's stiffen voice and his difficulty of pretending about nothingness, "Who do you think you are constantly showing up for no reason?" He hid the last words: so stubborn. "I..." She hung up the words and after a quiet moment, stormed out of the room. I guess it was all clear, so I came out of the bathroom and brought the door closed behind me.