Chapter 44

"It's where my demons hide." Syn said, expressionless (And probably trying to make a straight face?), "I'm going in with you, of course."

"So do you still have feelings for him?" I asked carefully, while my head was screaming to me, Boundaries boundaries boundaries!!!!

He glanced at me, "What makes you think that?" Pause. "No. Let's just go in already."

The wall wasn't open, of course. I had no idea to make it open, either. But Syn, looking at it and just started to slap the bricks like crazy. I stood and watch. "What?" He stopped and turned to me, "Help me. Don't touch the ones you already had." I just stood there and did nothing- there weren't much people on the street but the shops were still open and I didn't want to be watched like an idiot. He sighed and turned around, after a few tries the wall finally open and revealed a big, black rectangle to mystery.

"Never mind, I did it." He exhaled and walked in. I followed.

It was as dark and cold as it was years ago, and wasn't exactly dusty and old and abandoned-looking. In fact, the yet only one tunnel looked like it had been swept just recently. Pretty soon Syn halted to a stop in front of a cross-road.

"Stick to the left wall." He said, "That's the way if this is one-dimensional."

I did no comment since I couldn't come up with a better idea. After all, he was the one who grew up in and with a gang, not me. Well, not directly anyway. After half a minute or so we hit a dead end. "Stick to the left wall," He warned.

"Why not right?" I grumbled and didn't mean to be heard, but since the place was deadly quiet except for our feet's echo I guess his good hearing paid off.

"You can if you want." He said, keeping his hand on the wall.

"Did you swap seat at the party?" I asked when we were walking forward. It was dark but with his grey suit I at least could see where he was going- but I had absolutely no idea how he could see the way except maybe for the hand on the wall.

He stopped and I almost ran into him.

"I can see light." After a while he just said quietly, "Keep going. What did you say?"

"Nothing important." I mumbled. If we were close better not to get stuff awkward again. As we went he started to tip-toe and I kept my breath quiet. Soon in front on our left there was an opening and a patch of sunlight. He stuck to the wall as I did so.

No birds chirping outside, he reached into his pocket to get the mirror, "All clear. What's the plan?"