Chapter 45

"We go in there," I scanned the reflection in the mirror again and mentally made a note about something like I-want-a-house-like-that-when-I-grow-up and said half-heartedly, "We ask him whether those guys were spying on Fallen or not and if they were, ask him why."

Syn's eyes widened, "I thought you were going to kill him eh?"

"Not that now I know you had, had, feelings for him." I said, and the extra "had" was for when he looked like he was going to explode, but then I frowned to myself, "I'm so stupid."

"Stupid what?" He asked, putting the mirror away.

"We don't have arms." I said, staring at the emptiness in front of me. I knew that sounded stupid and maybe he thought we didn't literally have arms, but it was too late when I realised what was happening. The patch of sunlight had a shadow of a person in it.

Syn was about to hit the guy in the head when he just turned peacefully and calmly and looked at us, "Oh, hi. So are you guys going to take me to the party or not?"

It was Titian, and what was the weirdest, he looked so beaten-up and hadn't taken a shower in three days. "What the hell?" Syn grabbed me and I yelped because he was about to choke me by dragging my collar off, "Syn! Syn this is your shirt."

"Oh, sorry." He let go but was still wide-eyed and was looking at Titian up and down, "What happened?"

"Err," He just scratched his head, "After that my Dad told me that I totally screwed up because I didn't expect to see you there." After a split-second I realised that he meant Syn, "And you know, it was... Shocking. And you, shot my friend. Then he was like, 'You such a disgrace you understand! Go back into your room understand!' And I was like, 'But I...' And he was like, 'I know I know you understand! You saw that little piece of homo I understand! Now go back and I'll take care of this you understand!' And then I didn't know any news since."

That bit of Russian accent of his father's had me and Syn totally laughing- now I knew what Syn saw in this guy. Given another time and place, maybe the one fell in love with him would be me. Turned out that he wasn't creepy after all.

"So I was grounded." He scratched his head again, his hair as fluffy as a bird's nest, "So I want to go."

I had to admit he was attractive. But then there was urgent business. "Did you give me your men to spy on us? Because they did."

"I have no idea." He said and spread his hands, "I never really took care of the thing. Guess I'm not meant to be a gangster I guess- it was always my Dad."

So shame on his father, I thought.

"What do we do now?" Syn said, I guess to both of us, "Now problem is solved."

"Problem is far from solved!" He sprang into the tunnel, "They'll find me soon."

I already started to like this guy. "Why don't you just tell them that your father's controlling the gang then?" I asked as we ran, led by Titian who treated the place as his front garden pathway (which it was).

"He doesn't let me!" He said.

"You know you kind of woke my gay-ness up? That day?" I asked.

"Sorry didn't mean to. I was into him." He gestured his thumb at Syn who blushed and punched Titian on his back, "But he chose the right man didn't he? I admit I'm a bit jealous, but it's alright now. I'm taken!"

I rolled my eyes and almost ran into Syn (again) as Titian stopped.