Chapter Thirty-Five. (Edited.)

Black Luna Copyright © JazzieBae1231 2014

All rights reserved

This story belongs to me. Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, distribution. or selling of my work is an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law. 

Chapter Thirty-Five.

    It's been a few days since Lucas' arrival. He decided to further his stay here in Pepperidge for the sake of Samantha as he thinks of a way to convince her to leave with him. Alexandra has been going absolutely insane. Her blood lust is unquencable. Not even blood bags are subduing the inevitable thirst. She needs fresh warm blood. She needs a human. And that's what she'll get eventually.

   Alexandra hasn't been to school all this week, which meant she has been missing school work and cheerleading practice. Not that she cares. All she could think of is blood - human blood. So why would she surround herself with the enticing smell of her fellow classmates blood coursing through their veins and pumping into their hearts? She knows she'll end up ripping everyone's head off going in a ripper frenzy. 

   So instead she has to have her family, friends, and mates take turns watching her as if she's on suicide watch. First it was Logan, then Samantha and Lucas, then Jaime. Then Alsher, which, by the way, was extremely awkward because she is still mad at him. Emily can't watch her because she's the principal and she must go into work. Not that Alexandra's complaining or anything. She's really starting to hate Emily for breaking her family. Now it's Friday and the only person left to watch her is Jayden. 

   So here they are, sitting in her living room right across from each other. Jayden is literally watching her - no, staring at her! Alexandra keeps her eyes on anything but Jayden. She can't help but feel the pang of her hurt by what Jayden said to her last week.

   Jayden sighed, running his hands through his tousled brown hair. "Alexandra." He finally spoke up. But Alexandra refuse to look at him, afraid he'll see how much he truly hurt her by just his words. "Alexandra." He tried again but she kept her gaze on her figding hands on her lap. 

   'I'm in need of a manicure.' Alexandra studied her nails.

   'Jayden is talking to you.' Audrey told Alexandra.

   'You heard what he said about us, Audrey! I don't want to talk to him.'

   'Please, he's our mate. Talk to him. Please.' Audrey begged her.

   "Alex," Jayden urged her to respond in a low voice which is dripping in nervousness, desperation, and heartache. He needs her to talk to him, to say anything! Yell for all he cares! He just wants to hear her voice again. 

   Alexandra sighed and looked up at him, "What?"

   Jayden can't keep the grin off his face as her beautiful velvet voice rang through her ears. Though she is glaring at him, he can't help to smile as if he won the lottery.

   "Why are you smiling at me like that?" Alexandra conciously tucked her dark black raven mane behind her ear. "It's kinda creepy, Jayden." Alexandra lied. Her heart seems to playing the drums in her chest as it picked up rhythm and beat as he continue to smile at her.

   Jayden's tongue darts out his mouth as he traces his lips and Alexandra's eyes follow the trail then goes back up to his eyes, "Say it again." He whispered, desperately.

   "Say what?" Alexandra quickly jumped to her feet when Jayden did. 

   He slowly back her up to a wall not too far away from the sofa she was seated at. Alexandra's face heated as she felt her back hit the wall softly. Jayden placed his hands on either side of her head, forming a little cage around her with his body. "My name." His breath hit her face. "Say my name again."