Chapter Seven. (Edited.)

Black Luna Copyright © JazzieBae1231 2013 

All rights reserved

This story belongs to me. Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, distributipm. or selling of my work is an infrindgement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

Chapter Seven.

   "It's after dinner daddy, tell me the story." Alexandra sat on the plush arm chair, pulling up her legs to rest her head on her knees, wrapping her arms around them as her parents sat on the love seat.  

   "Okay, okay." Alsher chuckled at his eager daughter as he wrapped his arms around his wife. "Lets see. Where should I begin?" Alsher rubbed his chin, in thought. 

   "When you first saw her." Alexandra decided for him. 

    "Ah, yes." He nodded his head and got comfortable. "It was 1992. A long time friend of mine, Ashleigh, invited me to her friend's daughter's graduation party in Connecticut. I agreed. Once we got there, it was very crowded. Ashleigh's friend had a huge family. Ashleigh was going around introducing me to people, since she's so close with everyone and knew everyone there. She then told me she was going to the bathroom. I waited and waited for her to return but she never did. I looked through the whole house for her but I couldn't find her." Alsher sighed, sadly. "That's when I met your mother. She was accompanying a friend of hers too. As soon as I looked at her, I knew she was the one. I loved her instantly."

   Jaime smiled up at her husband, blushing. Alsher reached down and place his lips on hers. Alexandra sighed happily at her parents. Then furrowed her eyebrows, "What happened to Ashleigh?" Alsher never would tell Alexandra what happened to her.  

   Alsher sighed, and frowned. "I don't know. I never found her. I searched the world literally for years. Your mother helped me as much as she could. It's crazy, it's like she disappeared off of the earth. She's dead, that's what I think." Alsher exhaled sadly, but then put on a happy smile. "A few nights after Ashleigh left, I professed my love for her. I told her what I was, and she accepted me immediately. We wedded with in a week of knowing each other." Alsher sighed, happily, "It was the best decision of my life." 

   Jaime blushed, "Mm, mine too." And peck his lips. "I got pregnant with you in 1994. Giving birth to you was very painful. You were drinking my blood from the inside. You broke my bones. It hurt so much," Jaime continued the story. 

   Alexandra frowned, "I'm sorry, mama." 

   Jaime smiled at her beautiful daughter, "Don't be, I'd do it again if I could." 

   "I had to give her my blood so when she died giving birth to you, she would come back. Obviously, it worked." Alsher added to the story. 

  "How did you become a vampire, Daddy?" Alexandra questioned, her father would always avoid that question.  

   "I had vampire blood in my system when I died in 1883." Alsher answered carefully. He wasn't lying, he did die with vampire blood in his system.

   "I know that, but what happened? How'd it happen? How'd you die?" Alexandra hammered in questions, noticing his nervousness.

   "Alexandra, you have school tomorrow. You should go get ready for bed." Alsher averted his eyes from hers.

   "But, Daddy--" 

   "Now, Alexandra!" He snapped at her.

   Alexandra's eyes widen, and she frowned. Her father never used that tone with her. 

   "Alexandra--" Alsher started but she was already up the stairs in a blink of an eye. Alsher sighed as Jaime rubbed his arm, soothingly. "I didn't mean to yell at her like that."

   "I know, Alsher. It's for her protection. Until we can figure out what is really going on, we can't tell her anything." Jaime got up and went to wash the dishes. 

   Alsher sighed.

   'They are hiding something from me.' Alexandra said in her head after siting on the top of the steps listening in on their conversation. 'And I'm going to find out what it is.'

   'Go to bed, Alexandra. You have school tomorrow, and I want to see Logan again.' Audrey sighed happily as Alexandra walked into her room.

   'What is it with you and this kid?' Alexandra asked as she got into bed.

   Alexandra sighed and snuggled into her sheets, getting comfortable. Feeling sleep start taking over. Before she fell into the darkness, she heard Audrey whisper, 'Mate.'