Chapter 26 The Light

Jade's POV:

I really wish they hadn't sent me here, I could've done it anywhere but here, and especially Ashley. They told me to find the girl at the prison and bring her back to our group, little did I know that girl was my best friend. I don't want to do it. Should I tell the rest of the group? Or follow my orders? I have a big decision to make here, I have a lot to think about.

Ashley's POV:

I walk into Jade's cell to find her lost in her thoughts, she's been scaring me lately. For the past week she's been looking at me with either anger or sympathy. Did I do something wrong? Or was she just upset with this world around us? I was lost in my thoughts when I almost didn't hear the group calling my name.

"Ashley come on we're having a group meeting!" Daryl yelled. I got up and walked into the cafeteria. Everyone was sitting around the table waiting for me. I apologized and sat down by Carl. It looked like Jade was 'the leader' of this conversation. That was strange, she hardly talked to anyone besides me, yet alone lead a meeting. She took a deep breath and started the conversation.

"I know all of you will hate me after this, but I have to say it. I wasn't alone at all, I live in Woodbury and one of the men told me to come here and get the teenage girl, make her trust me. But I had no idea it would be my long lost best friend. I'm so sorry." She said. I was in shock, I couldn't even speak. Should I be mad? Or thankful she decided to take my side. Without saying a word I got up and walked outside. I forgot how cold it was so I felt stupid for not just going into my cell or somewhere else. I went up to the guard tower, just trying to get a little warmer. 5 minutes later I heard footsteps coming up, I honestly didn't know who it would be, seems like everyone comes up here nowadays. Guess I wasn't really shocked when I saw Beth coming up.

"Here's your sweatshirt." She said handing me it. I smiled and thanked her and she say by me.

"What's going on down there?" I asked. She looked at me a little worriedly.

"Everyone's debating on what to do, keep her, kick her out, or even kill her." She replied. I wasn't expecting that.

"Well it would be stupid to just kick her out, she would get mad and the whole population of Woodbury would come here and fight." I said. It's true though, they were done playing games. She didn't respond, she knew I was right.

"Let's go back, and see what's going on." I said. She nodded and we walked back to the rest of the group. I was nervous. Whether Jade leaves or not, Woodbury will be coming here to fight. I will be fighting this time, I don't care what the group says. I'm not injured anymore and I know how to use a gun and knife. When we walked in I instantly heard the yelling. I sighed and walked into the room, and they immediately stopped talking.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked.

"Jade is gone, we kicked her out." Rick replied. Of course they had to pick the worst choice. I couldn't take it anymore and just lost it.

"SERIOUSLY? THAT WAS THE WORST CHOICE YOU COULD'VE MADE! I WOULD RATHER YOU KILL HER THEN DO THAT! NOW THEY'RE GOING TO COME AND GET US AND I'LL PROBABLY GET RAPED AGAIN! OR MAYBE EVEN ANOTHER 100 TIMES! BUT OH WELL RIGHT? IM PROBABLY USE TO IT BY NOW!" I said screaming. Everyone just looked at me with shock. I ignored them and ran up to my cell. Everyone probably hates me right now but I don't care. I don't want to go through this again. I was done crying, probably because I've cried so much lately that I don't have any tears left. I was sitting in my cell when Daryl walked in.

"I know you hate me, and I don't want to hear how irresponsible I was back there." I said. He just shook his head.

"I don't blame ya at all, you've gone through some tough shit. I was just waiting for you to get it all out." He replied.

"It just sucks, my best friend almost kidnapped me. Wow I never thought I would say that." He just sighed.

"It was Carls idea to kill her, no one else agreed, we thought you wouldn't want that." He replied and I sighed.

"That's to bad." I replied. He stood there awkwardly.

"Well I'll leave you be." He said before walking out. I just laid down just wanting all of this to be a bad dream, and by that I mean everything. Jade, the governor, walkers, Ellie... God I missed her so much. I wish she was here right now, she was the one person I could tell everything too. I decided to sleep, maybe when I wake up this whole nightmare would be over.

I saw a strange light coming down in my cell, I didn't see anyone but I heard a voice, but not just any voice.

"Ellie?" I said.

"Yes it's me Ashley"

"Oh my god where are you?"

"Away from the world, I no longer have to live in this nightmare called our world." She said. I started crying.

"God Ellie I miss you so much. I'm so scared." I said crying even harder.

"Ashley please don't, you're a fighter. I know you can survive. Do it for me, and for Carl. I see the way he looks at you. He loves you so much." She said and I smiled.

"You're watching over me?"

"Well of course, I'm not going to leave my best friend all alone." She replied.

"I-I wish I could see you one last time." I said. Then I saw the light go away.

"You can't leave yet." I said. I then looked next to me and there she was. I tried touching her but my hand went right through her and she laughed. She looked like her old self. Her long wavy blonde hair and blue eyes.

"I'm always with you. I promise. I'll always protect you." She said and I cried, not sad tears, but happy tears.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too, but I have to go now. But I promise I'm always here watching over you." She said before disappearing into the thin air.

I woke up knowing that it wasn't a dream, but that it really happened. And in that moment I knew everything would be okay.

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit"

End of chapter 26