Chapter 25 Promise?

Ashley's POV:

Jade moved into one of the only cells we have left in C block. She still feels bad about flirting with Carl. She said she apologized and they are cool now, but I can tell Carl still looks a little uncomfortable. 2 days ago, we killed the governor and basically all of his men, but I knew there were still some left. I had a strange feeling they would want revenge but I'm hoping they just let it go because that man was very fucked up. But I have to look on the bright side. I have a group that is like my family and I love them all. I have a boyfriend who I've been dating for about 2 months, and I have Jade, an old part of my life back. That's all I could ask for during the end of the world. I was talking to Beth the other day about how much we want to live here forever. We just want to live in a safe place to be, with hardly any walkers, and no governor. But I knew that was to good to be true. There is probably 100 other 'governors' out there, or even worse. All I could to was keep faith, and hope that it is all I will ever need. Jade and I decided to go on a walk, outside of the prison. I asked Rick and he said we just had to stay close. We both agreed and walked out of the gates.

"Feels nice not feeling trapped once in awhile." I said.

"Well, it's actually good feeling trapped now a days, well you know away from the walkers." She replied. I nodded and continued walking. I was so caught in the moment that I ran into a tree and everything went black.

I heard footprints behind me, I assumed it was a walker and got my knife out but came face to face with a girl who looked around Maggie's age. She looked innocent, but no one could be trusted now a days. I put the knife away and held my gun to her.

"Who are you?" I asked trying to seem scary.

"ASHLEY STOP! IT'S ME! DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" She replied. I recognized that voice from anywhere.

"S-Sarah?" I said. I couldn't believe it. It was my sister!

"Yes, it's me! I'm okay! Michael and the baby are too!" She said. My niece I never got to meet was alive?

"Here follow me to our camp! We can finally be together again!" I said. She went to go get Michael and the baby, when all of a sudden there was a big herd surounding her and they started to close in on her.

"SARAH NO!" I yelled.

Carl's POV:

I heard Jade's voice calling for help, without even thinking to get anyone I ran out to the woods. What if Ashley is hurt? I finally found them and Ashley was passed out on the ground. Oh shit. I picked her up and ran to the prison, fearing that she was dead.

"HELP!" I yelled at the gates. Thank god Glenn was outside. He saw me and ran towards the gate opening it in record speed. Without questioning he took Ashley from my arms and ran inside putting her down on the cafeteria table.

"GO GET HERSHEL!" He yelled.

"Jade what the hell happened?" I asked.

"We were just walking and the she ran right into a tree. She's alive though because she was yelling in her sleep. Something about a girl named Sarah." She replied, Oh no, that was he sister's name. She must be dreaming. I heard Hershel coming in and he checked her pulse.

"She's still breathing, she has a slight concussion, she hit her head pretty hard."

"Can I take her into our cell so she can sleep somewhere comfortable?" I asked. He nodded and I carried her up to our cell and into our bed. I laid her down and I laid next to her, so when she woke up I would be right by her side. I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her forehead.

"I'll always be here, I promise." I said even though she couldn't hear me.

Ashley's POV:

I woke up breathing heavily from the dream I kept having over and over and couldn't wake up. Now that I finally am up, I don't want to go back to sleep for awhile. I looked over to my side and saw Carl next to me sleeping. I smiled and decided to wake him up. I scared him a bit, but when he saw that it was me he smiled and hugged me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Just a massive headache." I replied. Well I did run into a tree, what else would I feel?

"You look exhausted." He replied. He was probably right, I feel like it. But I just shrugged.

"You're never leaving my sight again." He replied and I laughed a little.

"Promise?" I asked.

"I promise." He said kissing my cheek. And that's when I knew, I was the luckiest girl in the world.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

End of Chapter 25

A/N: PLEASE CHECK OUT MY BOOK THAT HAS UPDATES ABOUT ME AND THIS STORY! ITS CALLED ABOUT THE AUTHOR!

Thank you so much for the support almost 3k reads! :)