Chapter 34 Nightmare & a Dream a Come True

Ashley's POV:

*flashback*

"Dad come on!" I yelled. He followed behind me, we were going to the softball field to play a little game. He pitched the ball to me and I hit it far into the woods. He ran after it, but he wasn't coming back.

"Daddy?" I asked. I went to go check on him since it was taking him awhile. I heard weird sounds. I cautiously walked towards them and saw my dad with his back faced towards me.

"There you are." I said. He turned around to face me, but it wasn't his face. It was rotten with flesh and he was walking towards me.

"STOP!" I yelled. Right before he took a bite out of my arm I woke up.

End of flashback

I woke up with sweat trickling down my forehead and tears streaming down my face. That's the second time I've had that dream. I took a deep breath and laid back down on my pillow. I then realized Carl wasn't next to me. Shit where is he? I was about to climb down to look for him but he walked in.

"Ashley why are you awake?" He asked.

"I guess I could ask the same question." I said.

"I was just thirsty." He said. "And you?" He asked.

"Just had a dream, no big deal." I said.

"Nightmare?" He asked. I simply nodded. He knew me to well. He climbed back up to bed with me and pulled me into him.

"I don't know why I'm just now having nightmares about him. I thought this whole time he was dead. I guess it's because I know it's real now." I said quietly. He just laid there stroking my hair.

"I had nightmares about my mom when she died. I kept having the exact same dream every night for a month." He replied. "I guess I just wanted you to know you're not alone, I'm always here and I always will be." He said before lightly kissing my lips.

"I love you." I said before closing my eyes.

"I love you too." He replied.

~The next morning~

Carl's POV:

I woke up and Ashley was still sleeping next to me. I know she had trouble sleeping last night because of her nightmare. I decided to let her sleep and get up. Our walker duty started soon so I got ready for that. I'm sure I would be fine on my own. Everyone was already up so I greeted everyone before heading out. When I was done I walked outside. Walkers weren't the only thing I saw. But a girl my age? I slowly started to walk over to her, why does she look familiar? When I got closer I got a good look and realized who it was. I thought she was dead!  This is great!

Ashley's POV: 

I woke up and I felt great for once. I don't know why, but I felt like today would be a great day. I got out of bed and got changed. I realized I was late for walker duty. I walked out to the cafeteria and everyone was smiling at me. 

"What's everyone smiling at?" I asked. Everyone was acting super strange. Why? Maybe everyone is just in a good mood like me. I don't think I've seen Carl smile that big since I said yes to being his girlfriend. I felt arms wrap around me and it scared the shit out of me. I don't know who it could be. Everyone was right in front of me. I turned around and saw her face to face.

"Ellie?" Am I dreaming? I didn't care though. I wrapped my arms around her. I cried a little, my bestfriend isn't dead after all. She's alive. That's all I cared about right now. I pulled away to look at her.

"Ashley you're still gorgeous!" She said! I just laughed and hugged her again.

"I saw a walker that looked just like you, I thought you were dead." I said. She just hugged me even tighter.

"I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere." She said. It was good to here her voice again. I looked at everyone and they were all clapping. Carl walked towards me and hugged me. I'm still in shock but I hugged back. 

"But how?" I asked.

"Since you looked so peaceful sleeping the morning I let you sleep in and did walker duty. I walked out and saw a girl our age and she looked familiar. As soon as I knew it was her I led her into the prison. I told her you were here and she cried, a lot." He said. I looked at Ellie and smiled at her.

"You cried?" I asked.

"Well of course. I didn't think I would find you again." She said. 

"Well we will let you two talk. We all have jobs to do." Rick said. Everyone walked out of the cafeteria and left us two alone. We sat next to each other and were still stunned.

"So Carl is your boyfriend?" She asked.

"Yep, almost half a year. He helped me out when I thought you were a walker. That's when I realized how much I liked him. Ever since we've been inseparable. I love him so much." I said and she smiled. 

"I was right about you finding young love." She said. I remember that conversation we had. I didn't believe her, but I guess she was right the whole time. She was always the smart one out of our group of friends.

"Did you find anyone else?" I asked.

"I was with Maddie for along time, but she got bit not to long ago." She said. I told her about Jade, the governor, and everything else. I told her every single detail.

"Do you have a scar from the bullet?" She asked. I nodded and showed her.

"That's bad ass. You look tough as hell." She said. Were those words coming out of her mouth? She never cussed before this. Damn this world turned her into a completely different person. I guess we all change in a world like this. I looked up to see Carl spying on us from our cell. 

"Stalker!" I yelled. He shook his head and started walking down towards us and sat next to me. 

"You guys are to cute." Ellie said and I lightly punched her arm. I now have my mom, bestfriend, and boyfriend. This is as good as it gets during the end of the world. I went to get my phone from my cell and came back to see Carl and Ellie talking. I decided to spy a bit.

"So you love Ashley?" She asked him. He smiled.

"Yes, I do I know it for sure. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me." Carl said making me blush. 

"I hope you treat her well, she really deserves this. She never thought she would get a boyfriend." She said.

"Of course, and why would she think that?" He asked.

"Well before this all happened she was very insecure about basically everything. I told her not to be. but she never believed me. I think it was because she was one of our only friends who didn't have a boyfriend her middle school years. Guys liked her though, she just didn't know." She said. Oh great, now he knows about all of that.

"Well I think she is the most beautiful girl in the world and has nothing to be insecure about." He replied. Wow, he really loves me. You would usually see this stuff in the movies but it's happening to me right now. I never thought it would be, possible.

"I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

End of chapter 34

A/N: GUYS MY SISTER IS HAVING HER BABY IN A COUPLE HOURS! IM GOING TO BE AN AUNT SOON! AND PLEASE VOTE IT MEANS A LOT! :)