Chapter 45 Runaway

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END PLEASE READ!

Ashley's POV:

I knew we couldn't of lost love for each other so easily. I honestly can't imagine my world without him, that is why we need to survive together. Without one another, the other is incomplete. We were still seated in the back of the old truck, my head laid on his lap while he stroked my hair. I missed his voice, his touch, well just him in general. I'm sure we will have even worse fights through out our lives. We will get over them though and act like nothing happened. I don't know if the others know that were together yet. We haven't stopped the car since the incident and I don't think we will be any time soon. Night was falling so were going to have to pull over soon.

Daryl was on his motorcycle, Rick my mom, Michonne and Judith were in the car ahead of us, Glenn, Maggie, Carl and I were in the truck. I guess we could've ridden in the back seat, but we were in panic mode. I was beginning to doze off until I felt the car come to a sudden stop. We jumped out from the back to meet the group and begin the conversation.

"That was to close of a call back there, for now on we go together as a group no more splitting up." Rick said looking a bit angry. No one replied, just nodded. "And Carl can I talk to you in private for a second?" Carl nodded as they walked away from the rest of the group. We all just stood there in complete silence, an awkward silence. I heard the faint sounds of what seemed to be yelling. Were they yelling about Carl and I? Is Rick really that upset about it? If he is then he is being way over dramatic. It's an innocent relationship. I totally disagree with him saying we put each other in danger. Sure sometimes we do stupid things but it's no ones fault. I heard my name yelled from Rick's mouth and that's when I knew it was about us. The group looked at me as I walked away. I went back into the truck waiting for Carl to end it with us once again.

I heard footsteps approachng the truck and there apperared Carl. I avoided my stare to him and continued to look ahead at the night sky. He then climbed in next to me, not saying a word for the longest time.

"I know what you're going to do, so just say it." I looked at him and he looked back at me with a confused look on his face.

"What do you mean?" I think he's trying to play stupid.

"I know that argument you and your dad had back there was about me. I heard my name. So now I'm just waiting for you to say it."

"Say what?" Is he actually confused?

"That it's over." His face dropped into a frown.

"I told you I would never listen to him again, I made a huge mistake the first time and I will not be doing it a second time. Yes, he was angry that we are together again but I argued with him until I knew I won." I'm such an idiot, I should quit putting everything on the negative side. I didn't say anything but hugged him knowing that there was nothing to say. I heard more footprints and car doors opening and slamming. I guess we were taking off again. It looks to be around 10-11 so I decided to get some sleep. I don't know what lies ahead for tomorrow, but hopefully it's something good.

~The Next Morning~

I woke up to the small moans from walkers passing by, the car was stopped so I'm assuming this is where we decided to sleep. At first I only heard the sounds of about 5 walkers, but they started to increase. Good thing we were inside the truck in the backseat, I don't know how we got there but we did. I quietly woke Glenn Maggie and Carl up. They were only half awake when they saw the heard walking by the truck.

"Get down!" Glenn said in a whisper. We all did as told and got as low on the ground as possible. I grabbed my gun from my back pocket and turned the safety off. How are we going to tell the others? Are they up as well or sound asleep not aware of what is happening? It was a never ending line of walkers, there had to be at least 200. I tried staying as quiet as possible, holding back the urge to cry. I've never seen this many all together at once. The other 3 looked totally unfazed by it like they've been through this before, have they? We saw the last walker walk by and sighed in relief. I was about to get up and check but Carl threw me back down.

"Not a good idea, trust me I know." What was that all about? We waited about 5 minutes and didn't see another walked in sight. 

"Okay were going to check on everyone else, be super quiet we don't need them coming back." Glenn said. I quietly opened my door and followed the others to the car. Everyone was still sound asleep. How did the sleep through that? I guess everyone is just so use to it. Glenn opened the door and woke them up.

"We are turning the cars around, a huge herd of 200 just passed and headed straight. I think they were following us from our last stop." Glenn looked really worried, his tough guy act fading away. 

"Alright we will head that way and take another route."

"Where to Rick? We've been driving for a month barley even stopping! We don't even know what state we are in! We just need to head back! Those guys are probably gone by now, or just gave up I mean it has been a whole month!" Glenn stated. The two began to aruge so I walked away not wanting to listen to anymore bickering. I went into the woods by us and walked around, hopefully I could shoot a deer or something. I'm kind of getting tired of eating canned food. I got my gun and knife ready at my reach. I heard footsteps from behind me and pulled my gun out.

"Woah put that down you could hurt somebody." 

"Dammit Carl you scared the shit out of me!" He just shrugged and walked next to me, away from the group. 

"We could runaway you know, leave everything behind and just start over."

"Last time we were away from the group we got tied up by 3 men I don't think we need that to happen again." 

"Ashley come on, we can handle ourselves. We are smart and can live our lives without rules and adults. They'll be fine and so will we." I don't know about this.

"What about my mom, your dad, and Judith?" 

"Like I said they'll be fine let's just go, run away from it all." 

"Okay fine, lets go before they find us." He smiled at me and took my hand as we ran off with no specific destination. 

"When you're young do the stupid things you can't do when you're an adult."

A/N: I AM CHANGING THE TITLE OF THIS BOOK, I WANT TO CHANGE IT TO SURVIVE TOGETHER. I WILL MAKE A NEW COVER AND CHANGE IT THEN! THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT LIKE ALWAYS!