Chapter 42 Pained

Carl's POV:

Pain and fear, that was what I felt. I feared for the safety of my group, if they were still alive or not. I was pained from the beatings, everytime I tried to say a word I got punched right in the face. But, I felt more fear then pain. I don't want them to lay a finger on Ashley. I don't know how much longer I can take it. If I don't make it back alive I just want her to know, that she was the best thing that ever happened to me. I love her more then anything. They came in to the room and pulled my up by my hair.

"We're leaving now." I began to walk so I didn't have to take anymore beatings. I was thrown into a van with my hands tied tightly behind my back. I open my eyes and see everyone in the van that came here. Thank god none of them are dead.

"If I hear a word come out of your mouths, I'll shoot all of you." The man said before slamming the door shut. We all looked at each other but kept our mouths shut. This was it, we couldn't think of a plan to save everyone. This might be the day we all die. Everyone had the same pained look as me. We all had cuts and bruises and looked exhausted. Hopefully my dad will be able to take care of it. Hopefully he is smart and knows how to think in panic. The men in front were talking and I faintly heard them.

"So what exactly do we do?"

"When we get there we take all of them back here and put them on their knees out by the gates, we will honk the horn getting their attention to come outside. We then make someone show us the supplies they have and then we kill all the men, including the little one. We then bring the ladies back with us, we don't have any so it might be nice to have some." They both laughed and continued to drive. I cursed at them on the inside, but stayed silent on the outside. The car ride involved sharp turns, making us all bump into each other and obnoxious conversations from the men driving. There were about 5 cars so I'm assuming there's about 20 men. The thought of them taking Michonne, Maggie, and Ashley back with them and doing awful things to them made me sick. It made me more pained then all the beatings I've gotten. The car came to a sudden stop and I heard a car horn. The door opened and we got pulled out and put on our knees by 5 men while the rest took care of the walkers. Here it goes, come on dad keep us safe.

Ashley's POV:

Fear, that's all I've felt the past 24 hours. That's how long the group has been gone. I know it will take awhile to get back, especially since they don't know where their camp even is. I miss Carl, it was so weird having to sleep by myself last night. I had a nightmare about seeing him in walker form. That was an image I never wanted to see. I stayed in bed practically all day, not wanting to get up. There was hardly anyone to talk to so what was the point. Everything was quiet. Everyone was probably relieved to see no signs of the bad group. If they came we would be screwed because most of our fighters are gone. If only Beth was here to keep me company. The sound of her name brought a shot of pain to my heart. I miss her and everyone else I've lost. 

I thought I heard a car horn outside, but figured it was just my mind playing tricks, since I've been so paranoid lately. I heard the cafeteria doors open and then silence. I ran down the stairs and looked out a window. I see Carl and the rest of the group on their knees with guns pointed at their heads. I immediately ran outside with my 2 guns fully loaded ready to shoot. I then got pulled down to the ground and felt a gun being aimed at my head.

"Let her go!" I heard Rick yell. 

"Here's a deal, I won't kill you, well at least not know under one condition. We take the girls, and no harm will be done." The man pulled me up and the other two grabbed Maggie and Michonne.

"NO STOP!" Just take me! Leave the other two alone."  They all looked at each other, not knowing what to respond with.

"Okay then hurry the fuck up and get in the car, I don't have time for all of this." I began to walk towards the car while everyone was protesting.

"NO! DON'T FUCKING TOUCH HER!"  Daryl screamed.

"STOP LEAVE HER ALONE SHES JUST A CHILD!" Rick screamed. My mom was on the ground sobbing. I then looked to Carl. He wasn't crying or even talking, he was emotionless. That made me want to cry. My boyfriend doesn't care that I'm leaving, and that he'll never see me again. I gave him one last look before I got into the car, never to be seen again.

Carl's POV:

I sat there with pain in my whole body. They were taking her away. I was to shocked to do anything I couldn't speak, couldn't cry, and couldn't even look at her in the eyes helping her to know she'll be saved. The girl I loved is with all of those sick men. I was fianlly able to get up and do something. The first thing I did was run after the car, ignoring my dad's protests. I ran faster then I thought possible. I grabbed my gun out of my pocket and shot one of the cars' tires out making it spin off the road and making the other cars stop. 

"I'm not letting her go alone! Take me with!" 

"Fine, get your ass in the car before I kill you right here." I quickly ran into the car Ashley was in. She was sitting in the corner with a blank expression on her face.

"Ashley, it's me!" She looked up at me.

"Carl get out of here! What are you doing?" 

"I'm not letting you go through this alone, we're doing this together." She grabbed on to my hand and put her head on my shoulder letting out a deep sigh. I don't want to go through those pained feelings again, but for her I would do anything.

"Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up."

A/N: Guys I already have an idea for a new Carl Grimes fan-fiction! After this book I will start right away on it! Thanks for reading and please vote! :)