Chapter 13 Home At Last

Ashley's POV:

We drove up to the gates where Beth opened them. I got out of the car and she attacked me in a hug.

"oh thank god!" She said while crying. I smiled and wiped her tears.

"I'm okay" I said smiling. She smiled and nodded. Then the group that saved me all hugged me too. Carl grabbed my hand and led me inside.

"Are you hurt?" He asked.

"Carl I'm fine I promise." I replied. He smiled and hugged me again.

"You're so strong." He said. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"So are you." I replied.

"Well you must be tired how about you get some sleep." He said. I nodded and laid down. He kissed my forehead and left the room.

Carls POV:

"Dad can I talk to you?" I asked. He nodded.

"Where did you find Ashely in Woodbury?" I asked. He hesitated at first and then told me.

"That kid was carrying her into a building where no one was around to see. She had a few bruises on her" He said. I felt like crying. I can't believe this had to happen to her.

"You know if you went any later she would've been raped right?" I asked. He looked down and nodded. I walked away feeling ashamed. How could we let this happen? Its a good thing they killed the bastard or else I would've gone back and did it myself. I walked back into our cell and saw her sleeping.
I laid down with her and tried to get some sleep too.

I woke up and Ashley was still asleep. The time was 5:00 pm. Everyone was probably eating dinner but I wasn't hungry. I just waited for Ashley to wake up. About 5 minutes later she did. I pushed the hair out of her face and kissed her cheek.

"Hi." I said. She sat up and giggled.

"Hi." She replied.

"You know this isn't your fault right?" She asked. I nodded. I know it's not, I just can't help to feel bad.

"I'm just glad we rescued you at the right time." I said.

"Me too." She replied.

"He didn't hit you right?" I asked.

"Nope." She replied. I felt a lot more relieved.

"Want to eat dinner?" I asked. She nodded and we walked out of our cell. Everyone smiled at us and continued eating. Everyone was already done 3 minutes later but stayed with us while we ate.

"Thanks for what you guys did for me. I mean everything taking me in, saving me. Who knows where I would be if you guys didn't." Ashley said. They all nodded.

"Well of course, you're family." Daryl said. Everyone smiled and nodded making Ashely smile. We all stayed there for 30 minutes just talking and laughing.

"Okay that's enough for the night we better head in." My dad said. We all nodded and headed for our cells.

Ashely and I got ready for bed. We were both wide awake since we just slept.

"So how are we suppose to get to sleep?" I asked.

"I guess we don't." She replied. I laughed and nodded. We stayed up for another hour just talking about the most random things.

"Are you tired yet?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah me too." We laid down and I held her as tight as ever making sure nothing would happen to her again.

End of Chapter 13