Chapter 33 Together

Ashley's POV:

I wake up the next morning at 6:30AM. That was pretty early for me. My mom and Rick were already up and talking in the cafeteria. They smiled at me and I walked over to join. They were still talking about me and Carl.

"What about me and Carl?" I asked.

"Oh nothing, just how you guys have been doing and how you got those 'bruises' on your necks." He said.

"Oh crap, guys I'm so sorry we were just being stupid teenagers. I swear it wont happen again." I replied paniking. But they both were laughing. Why?

"Sweetheart we aren't mad, but we do want to have a talk with you and Carl." She said.

"You mean, the talk?" I asked. They both nodded. Oh no, I was really hoping to avoid this. This will probably be the most embarrasing day of my life. People started gathering in the cafeteria one by one for breakfast. Carl was one of the last people to wake up. He took his usual spot next to me and grabbed a granola bar.

"Be prepared for the most embarrasing day of your life." I told him.

"Why?" He asked. Just then my mom and Rick motioned for us to follow them into an empty cell. Oh god here it comes.

"So Ashley already knew this was coming, but Carl I'm sure you're confused." Rick said. Carl just nodded.

"Well we can tell you two are pretty close, I know you haven't 'done it' yet but when the time comes just please remember to use protection." My mom said. I placed my face in my hands not daring to look at Carl.

"You guys got it?" Rick asked.

"Yes dad were done now." Carl said before I heard their footsteps fading away. I then looked up to Carl to see him lightly laughing.

"You thought that was funny?" I asked and he nodded. I playfully rolled my eyes and walked back to our cell with him right behind me. On the bottom bunk there was a small box. I walked over to it and read it. They were condoms. I threw the box over to the other side of the room. Carl went to pick it up and laughed again. Boys have a strange sense of humor.

"You're weird." I said while pushing my glasses back up the bridge of my nose.

"But you love me." He said.

"Yeah, I guess so." I replied jokingly. He then walked over to me and lightly kissed my forehead.

"You know they know about these?" I asked pointing to the marks on his neck.

"Well they're not invisible babe." He replied. He was right though, they were fading away but still noticible.

"Come on lets go check on Judith." I said he nodded and we walked over to her crib. Judith was in her crib playing with one of the toys I got for her on a run. She was now 8 months old. Soon enough she'll be able to walk. Carl and I played with her for awhile until she fell asleep. My mom came in the room soon after.

"Carl is this your little sister?" She asked. He smiled and nodded. This is probably the first time my mom has seen a baby since the world ended. My mom was suppose to be a grandma so I'm sure she still felt a little sad about it.

"Mom did you ever find Sarah?" I asked.

"No I looked everywhere, but she might not of made it when she had her baby." She said sadly. She was right though. Lori didn't survive, so why would my sister?

"At least we have Judith now." She said. I smiled and nodded. Judith was kind of like my niece. I spent a lot of time looking after her. My mom left the room leaving only me and Carl.

"You know she could've made it still." He said.

"It's highly unlikely, but I know." I said. He walked over to sit by me on the bunk. He rested his hand on my thigh and smiled to me.

"You're great with Judith, so I'm sure you would've been an amazing aunt." He said.

"Thanks Carl." I replied.

"My pleasure." He said. We decided to leave the cell and let Judith sleep peacefully. Carl and I had to start walker duty soon so we decided to get ready for that. We grabbed our guns, just incase things got out of hand. We walked towards the gate and past the graves. We both looked at them, but quickly looked away. We then got to the gates which kept the walkers from getting through. We started to get down to buisness. I'm sure you don't want to hear much detail about killing walkers. When we finished and walked back to the cell block my mom wanted to talk to me. I walked up to her cell and sat next to her.

"What's wrong?"I asked.

"I was just wondering about Carl's mom, did she pass away?" She asked.

"Well I wasn't here when this happened but Carl told me about it. Apparently the priosn was under attack by a fellow prisoner when Lori went into labor. Maggie and Carl were with her so when they took her into a room, Maggie found out something was wrong. Lori said she wanted Maggie to cut her open and get the baby out, even though it meant her dieing. So she did and that's how she died. Carl even had to shoot her in the head." I said.

"Oh my, that's awful." She said. I nodded.

"And how about this Beth girl, Rick told me you and her were very close." She said.

"Well when I first arrived I could tell me and her would be bestfriends. We were, we were just together all the time. Besides Carl, she was the closest person here to me. So when she died I was devastated when she got bit." I said. I don't think I can continue.

"You're dad told me when he was bit to find you, no matter what. I was looking for a whole month until I arrived here. I didn't think you would be here, but it was worth a shot. So when I saw you standing there, I knew that I made the right choice checking." She said. I smiled, I was glad she checked too. I can't believe she had to shoot my dad.

"But he would've been so proud of you." She said. I cried a little, just hearing about my dad made me sad but also happy. We've always had a close relationship. I left the room and went to mine and Carl's.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I guess I was still crying.

"Yes, just had a conversation with my mom about my dad." I said. I laid my head on his shoulder and wiped my remaining tears. He placed his arm around my waist.

"It'll all be right." He said. I knew he was right, we were going to survive this world together.

"Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them."

End of chapter 33

A/N: DONT FORGET TO VOTE! THANKS A BUNCH!