Chapter 23 To a New Start

The Governor's POV:

The soldiers and I were disscusing are plan to get Ashley. None of these dumb asses could think of anything. We were discussing when all of a sudden I heard a shout.

"HEY ASSHOLES!" I heard.

"Go check it out." I told the 3 men. They nodded and walked out. 1 of them came back instantly.

"You're going to want to see this." He said. I grabbed my gun and followed him out of the door. There I saw a young girl getting chased by the 2 others, and it was Ashley. I smiled to myself.

"Let's go!" I yelled

Ashley's POV:

I look behind my shoulder and see 4 men now, looks like The Governor decided to join. I smiled to myself and ran even faster then before. I turned the corner to get to the group. They weren't very far behind me now. I panicked a little but just kept running. I turned the last corner and yelled to the group.

'NOW!" I screamed. They all popped up and I hid behing a truck. The men turned the corner I turned and they looked shocked. The group started shooting. The men all hid behind objects and I saw the governor running towards mine. I tried to run before he could even see me but he saw me. He smiled and sprinted towards me. I tried to get away, but I couldn't this time. He grabbed me and pulled me down so no one could see. I could still hear gunshots, indicating this war wasn't over yet. The Governor took this to his advantage and grabbed me by my hair and pulled me into the first building he saw. I tried screaming, but his hand was over my mouth. He threw me on the ground and pulled out his knife.

'Now if you don't do what I tell you too, you will get cut. Trust me, I won't hesitate." I closed my eyes, wanting to think that this was all a dream and none of this had happened, but this wasn't a nightmare. He walked over to me and did some god awful things, he didn't rape me though. It was only 5 minutes but it felt like an hour. He turned around putting his knife on the table. I took this opportunity and grabbed my knife. I ran over to him and jumped on his back trying to stab him in the head. But he turned around and slashed my arm. I fell to the ground and stabbed his foot. He fell over and climbed on top of him, stabbing him in the head multiple times. When I was done I dropped the knife and cried. Why does this have to happen to me? I got up and walked outside trying to find my group, I found Maggie and Glenn and I ran towards them.

"Is it over?" I asked. They nodded. I sighed, thank god.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"Looking for you, we've all been looking for about 5 minutes. Where were you?" Glenn asked. I looked around and tried avoiding eye contact.

"We can talk about that later. Let's just find everyone." I said they nodded and we started searcing. It took no longer then 5 minutes to find them. Everyone kept asking me where I was but I ignored them. I don't want to talk about it, not now, not ever. We walked back to the cars and drove silently back to the prison. When we got there I ran to Beth's cell.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked her. She nodded and we walked to the guard tower like we use to. I sat down, not really knowing how to put it.

"He got me." I said. She didn't even have to ask who, she knows excactly what I mean.

"I killed him though. It's okay." I added. She looked so shocked.

"It's not okay! Who have you told!" She replied

"You. And I want to keep it that way for awhile." I said. She didn't look to happy that I'm not going to tell anyone but she understood.

"I'm here if you want to talk about it." She said. I nodded, I looked out the window just trying to think. How should I react? Should I cry, smile, or do nothing. I chose the 3rd option. I want to act like nothing happened, but I was a bad liar. I decided to climb down and go to the library. I looked through the books and eventually just grabbed one. It wasn't interesting but oh well. I heard footsteps walk in and I already knew it was Carl. He smiled at me.

"It's over." He said. I smiled and nodded. I didn't really want to talk because I could break down any minute. I bandaged the cut I got from the governor, he reopened the scar I had from the gun shot. I put my sweatshirt on as soon as we got back so no one would ask about it. Carl sat by me and pulled out his comic and started reading it.

"I'm tired, I'm going to go to bed, don't wake me up for dinner I'm not hungry." I said. He frowned and nodded. I think he knows somethings up. It was now 6:30 so everyone should be eating dinner soon. I fell asleep fast so I could avoid talking to everyone who came in.

~3 hours later~

Stop STOP! I yelled. But he wouldn't get off of me. "You're mine now." He said. I cried and let it happen, I didn't bother screaming because I knew I couldn't be saved.

I woke up from my nightmare. I was sweating and crying. I couldn't take this anymore I have to talk to someone about this, it'll probably help. I saw Carl next to me sleeping peacefully. I really didn't want to wake him up, but I had to. I couldn't go on any longer. I shook him lightly and he slowly opened his eyes.

"Hmm?" He said.

"Carl, I-I have to t-talk to y-you." I said studdering.

"Ashley, what's wrong your crying!" He said. I told him everything the dream I had, and what happened back at Woodbury. He looked angry.

"I'm so sorry babe, I told you he wouldn't hurt you again, and I let you down." He said.

"Carl stop! It's not your fault. I just had to talk to you about it before I lost it." I said.

"Are you hurt?" He asked. I didn't lie and nodded. I showed him the bruises and the slash from his knife. He gasped sightly.

"Follow me." He said. I did as told and followed him into the bathroom. He took the bandages off and started to clean it. It hurt like hell, but I've obviously had worse pain. He finished and put new bandages on. He took my hand and lead me back to our cell. We climbed up to our bed and laid down.

"It's over now. I promise." He said and then kissed me. I smiled because I knew this time it was true.

"To a new start." I said.

"To a new start." He repeated, and then fell asleep. I fell asleep no longer then that, and didn't have a nightmare. But a sweet dream.

"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light." ~Aristotle Onassis

End of Chapter 23

A:N I promised you guys a longish chapter so here you go! Over 1200 words. (That isn't very long but oh well.) I hope you guys liked it! AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2K! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! :)