Chapter 47 Crash

Carl's POV:

I woke up the next morning, getting a good night sleep for once. Where the hell is Ashley though? She wasn't in any of the rooms. I told her not to leave this house ever! I really don't appreciate her disobeying me. I'm not going to even bother looking right now. I sit down at the kitchen table, thinking of what to do. I slam my fists down on the table and feel a piece of paper. I curiously pick it up, not remembering seeing it yesterday. It was a note.

"Dear Carl,

You're acting different, and to be honest it's really scaring me. We ran away to be free. But the only person who is free is you. So I'm leaving, I'm going to find the others. Have fun being your own leader."

-Ashley

She just left like that? All I was trying to do was protect her. Fine she can have fun finding the people who brought us down. They can all have fun together. I dont need them, I dont need anybody. Infact I highly doubt she will even find them. 

Ashley's POV:

To be honest, it's great not having to deal with Carl's bullshit. I know, I probably wont find the group. It's been weeks and they could be in a whole different state by now. I don't care though, if it means I have to survive this world on my own I will. I did it for 5 months, and I can do it for 5 more. I walked on an empty dirt road, I've been walking for about 10 hours and don't plan on stopping. I could see a car in the distance and it looked empty. Hopefully I can hot wire it, like Daryl taught me how to do.

I heard the engine start and I smiled, feeling proud of myself. I haven't drove by myself in awhile, but it can't be that hard to remember. I drove and tried to remember the location of the prison. Were still in Georgia some where so I just need to find Atlanta. I know it'll take some time to find them but it will all be worth it in the end. All I can think about is what everyone will think when I show up, alone. Rick will probably hate me more then he already does. I just need to see everyone though. Glenn, Maggie, and my mom mostly. It was so stupid to leave them like that.

 I drove even faster then before just trying to find them. I was going about 80 MPH because I couldn't stand being alone anymore. I took a sharp turn and I lost control of the car. It started turning, flipping, and I was losing all consciousness. Then, the world around me just shut down.

Maggie's POV: 

We've been looking for them for weeks. Carl and Ashley, they could be dead. We continued driving down a dirt road. We were all so tired, and scared. I've never seen Rick so angry, so furious. Ashley's mom hasn't spoken since the two went missing. I was sat up front with Glenn in the passenger seat. We were in front with the 2 cars following behind us. I could faintly see a crashed car with 2 walkers trying to get in. Does that mean there's a person in there?

"GLENN STOP THE CAR!" He stepped on the breaks with a hard force and I jumped out of the car. The others cars stopped aswell and started to run after me. I finally got to the wrecked car and stabbed both of the walkers. The car was turned upside down so I got on my hands and knees to try and find the person the walkers were trying to get to. I couldn't see a face, but it was a young girl. She was still breathing.

"Help me get her out of here!" The others got down with me and helped me pull her out. I laid her down on the ground and brushed the dirt off her scaratched up face, and then my jaw dropped. 

"Ashley! Ashley come on please wake up!" Her eyes faintly opened and she gave me a small smile. 

"Maggie." She whispered and I hugged her. 

"Ow." Oops I forgot she just got into a car crash, she looks seriously injured too. To be honest, I don't know if she'll be able to make it. She had cuts and bruises all over her body and a few broken bones. There was a complete silence and then a cry.

"I'm so sorry, we shouldn't have left. We n-need to find Carl." Where could carl be?

"Where is he Ashley?" Rick asked panicking. 

"I-I don't know. When we were in the woods when everyone was arguing we ran through them and found a small neighborhood, that's where we stayed at." She looked more pale then before. She needs medical help soon, or she won't be with us much longer. 

"I know where that is. just follow us." Glenn said. I picked up Ashley and ran to our car and placed her in the backseat. Her mom was in the car with Judith so she doesn't even know we found Ashley yet. All I'm hoping is that Ashley can survive this. She brings so much to the group and I don't want to lose her. Glenn stepped on the pedal and we flew off. 

"Well it wont be a short drive, we have about 5 hours to go." He said. I sighed and sat back in my seat. Can Ashley hold on for 5 hours? I really hope so.

~5 Hours Later~

Carl's POV:

I feel so alone. Ashley's gone so now it's just me and the walkers. I shouldn't of been such a dick. I was just so worried about her that I let it get the best of me. I sat in the empty house, full of complete silence. I then heard something coming from outside, was that a car? I walked outside with my gun raised. There just wasn't 1 car, but 3. And those 3 cars looked awfully familiar. It was them, the prison group. What do I tell them about Ashley? They're all going to hate me when I tell them that I just let her walk out the door. The cars stopped and they all ran towards me. Except for Maggie, she was in the backseat grabbing something. She slammed the door shut and ran into the house with a girl in her arms, not just any girl. It was my girl, Ashley. I ran right after her trying to find out what the hell was going on. 

"Maggie what the hell!" She placed Ashley down on the couch and that's when I got a good look at her. She looked beaten up. She had cuts and bruises all over her and she was still bleeding in some places. 

"WHAT HAPPENED?" 

"We found her like this in a car on the side of the road, we need to help her! Did you find any medical supplies in the house?"

"Yeah one second." I ran so fast up the stairs and into the bathroom. I grabbed the first aid kit and handed it to Maggie. I looked at the others who were standing around the room. I walked up to my dad and hugged him.

"This is all my fault dad." 

"Carl don't blame yourself, this could've happened to anyone." I pulled away and looked at him. 

"No, I was so controlling of her that she left all by herself. AND NOW I FEEL LIKE COMPLETE SHIT!" Everything turned silent and I walked over to Ashley and Maggie without saying a word. 

"It kills me to say this, but I don't think she'll be able to pull through. She lost so much blood and has broken bones. There's nothing else we can do." 

Those were the words that made me cry for the first time in months. My girlfriend will be gone soon, and there's so much I didn't get to do. So i'll do it before it's to late.

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love"

~End of Chapter 47~

A/N: I know you guys probably hate me right now. But I'm already working on the next chapter, which will be the last chapter with an epilogue! After this book is over I'll be starting a Chandler Riggs book called "Just an Extra." The next chapter will be up by tomorrow or even tonight! :)