Chapter 2 First Day

Chapter 2

I unpacked all my supplies. I didn't have much. Just my clothes, water bottles, phone and charger, and pictures. I finished in about 5 minutes and walked out to find Rick.

"Hey Rick! Can I help with anything?" I asked.

"It would be a big help if you and Carl could kill some walkers by the fences." He said. Carl and I looked at each other and nodded. We grabbed the sticks and got down to work.

"So how do you manage to survive?" Probably the 5th person to ask.

"I didn't have to get out much, and when I did the store was right across the school. The school was also secure, so yeah that's basically all."

After that it was pretty silent. I'm still curious on why he winked at me earlier. Oh well it was probably nothing. Glenn and Maggie took over our shifts so we could go back inside. I dusted my hands off on my ripped denim jeans.

"Did you have a boyfriend before this happened?" Well that's a little strange to ask.

"Haha yeah right." Why was he asking me all these questions?

"Wow, I'm surprised, it's just you're really pretty and funny so I thought you would have."

"Oh, thanks!" Does Carl like me? I've only known him for a couple of hours. It's probably because he hasn't seen a girl his age in awhile. I shook it off and walked to our cell. I had climbed to the top bunk and laid down for a little bit. It was summer so it was very hot. I hated not having AC.

"Ugh!" I took a nap before dinner. About an hour later Beth woke me up for dinner. I walked out and it was cooler then it was when I fell asleep. We were eating dinner, Daryl got a deer. I was sitting next to Beth at the end of the table. After dinner Beth told me to meet her in her cell. I wash my dishes and walk to her cell.

"Hey what's up?" I asked.

"I just wanted to let you know that Carl totally likes you." She said.

"Wh-what?"

" Yep I heard him talking to Glenn about it. And when you walked into the cafeteria he was totally checking you out."

"Oh gosh. He was asking me weird questions today."

"You guys will be so cute together!"

"Who said we were going to be together?"

"No one, I just know!" I smiled at her.

"Well I'm tired, see you tomorrow goodnight!" I left her cell and headed into mine.

"He actually likes me?" I took my clothes and headed to the bathroom to change. I was wearing spandex and an old volleyball tee shirt. Volleyball was my favorite sport. I walked back to my cell and put my stuff in the corner. I could feel Carl's eyes watching me, was he that interested to see a girl his age? I turned around and his eyes moved out of his daze and met my eyes.

"Well goodnight." How awkward was that?

"Goodnight."

He tried playing if off, typical teenage boys.

Carl's POV:

"Glenn I think I like Ashley."

"Well duh, it's obvious." Oh that's just great.

"Seriously?" She's only been here for a couple hours, how can he already tell?

"Yep, about half the group can tell."

"Do you think she knows?"

"No I don't think so." Just then dinner was ready and everyone was there except Beth and Ashley. About a minute later they walk in together. When Ashley dropped her napkin and bent down to get it I peeked for a quick second. When I look up Beth was giving me a death glare. Oh great she saw. She'll totally tell Ashley. After dinner I went into my cell. I saw Ashley walk by ours, she's probably going to Beth's cell. About 5 minutes later she came in and grabbed her stuff and went to the bathroom to change. When she came back she was changed and her hair was out of her white headband. When she bent down to put her stuff down I couldn't help but stare, no not at her butt, but at her in general. She was beautiful. Just then she turned around and looked at me. My eyes looked at hers as we made eye contact for a quick second before she shyly looked away.

"Well goodnight." She said.

"Goodnight" I responded as she climbed up to the top bunk. I can't wait to get to know Ashley more.

End of chapter 2