Chapter 30 Our Angel

Ashley's POV:

I woke up and walked to the bathroom to change into my regular clothes. I threw on my regular clothes. Blood stained ripped jeans, and a north face sweatshirt. I started to pull my hair up into a bun but I saw something on my neck. It looked like a bruise, it looked purplish, but then I remember what it was.

"Dammit Carl." He gave me a hickey. How am I supposed to hide this from the group? I swept my hair to the left side of my neck and pinned it, making sure it would stay there. I went back to my cell and looked to see if Carl had any.

"Shit." He did. Right where I had one. I'm such a dumb ass. How is he going to cover that up? I hope he had a sweatshirt. I walked out of my cell and went to see what chores I had. I had walker duty 11-12 and I had to help with dinner at around 5. Not bad. Looks like me and Carl had walker duty together. It started in about 2 hours so I decided to wake him up. To my surprise he wasn't there. Hopefully no one has seen him yet. I walked to the bathroom and the door was locked, hopefully it was Carl. I waited for whoever it was to come out. Luckily it was Carl so I pushed him back into the bathroom so no one would see us.

"Woah what was that all about?" He asked.

"Have you looked at your neck yet?" I asked. He looked confused and then looked into the mirror. He touched the spot and smiled.

"Well damn." He said.

"What if someone sees them?" I asked.

"Wait you have one too?" He asked. I nodded and moved my hair out of the way so he could see. His wasn't as bad as mine. He looked proud of himself.

"Okay Carl get over yourself now, we have bigger problems. How are you going to hide that?" I asked. We both didn't know what to do?

"Do you have a sweatshirt?" I asked. He nodded and we walked back to our cell. We were walking very fast hoping not to run into anyone but we ran into Glenn.

"Hey you guys have walker duty after me and Daryl." He said and we just nodded. He looked at us strangely.

"Carl why are you holding your neck like that?" He asked. Well looks like were busted.

"It just hurts, I slept on it wrong last night." He said. Glenn looked at him and then to me and smiled.

"Okay just use protection." He said walking away. Oh god he's going to tell everybody. Carl looked at me and just laughed. I laughed too, I mean it was pretty funny.

"Okay okay come on, go get that sweatshirt on before anyone else sees." I said and he nodded. We really have to be more careful next time. But what do you expect were just teenagers. When he was finished changing we walked into the cafeteria with the rest of the group. Everyone was in there, and Maggie was crying. What the hell happened? Carl and I gave each other confused looks and walked towards the rest of the group.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly.

"Beth was outside the fences looking for berries, she was right in sight when all of a sudden I heard her scream. I looked over at her and a man was pulling her into a car and before I could get there he drove away." Maggie said while sobbing. No this can't be happening. I've lost Ellie already, I can't lose Beth too.

"Well what do we do?" Carl asked.

"We just go looking, we don't know where he went. So we just have to track. We all nodded faintly. I didn't know what to say. All the bad things happen to the good people. I walked outside and into the guard tower like usual. Beth and I always talked here, like nothing bad was going on. I wasn't going to cry right now. I had to be strong for her, my best friend. I saw Daryl, Rick, Glenn, and Maggie walk out to the cars and they drove off. I had my fingers crossed, I kept them like that forever. I looked at my phone and it was 10:58. I walked out of the guard tower and down to do walker duty. As Beth always said "we all have jobs to do. About 5 minutes later Carl walked out and joined me.

"They'll find her." He said and I just nodded. I didn't know what to believe at this point. I let all my anger out on the walkers. I killed one after another in record speed. But Carl knew I wasn't alright, he always does. He was trying to comfort me, and I appreciated it but I don't think there's anything he could do. Our shift was over so we started to walk towards the cell block until we heard a car driving up, it was them. I ran to the car and saw Daryl picking up Beth and he was running. This couldn't be good. I followed behind him, he was heading to the infirmary. Daryl set her down on the bed. I tried to get through to see her but Daryl wouldn't let me.

"Daryl let me through!" I yelled.

"You don't want to see this Ashley!" He replied. I eventually got through and I was stunned. Beth was barley breathing. I looked at her neck and saw a bite. I covered my mouth to hide my sobs. She reached her hand out to mine and I grabbed it.

"Beth I'm so sorry." I said. She looked at me and smiled.

"I love you Ashley." She said in between breaths.

"I-I love you too." I said sobbing. I grasped her hand even tighter and laid my head down on the empty bed space. Everyone was in the cell by now except for Maggie and Hershel. They couldn't be here when we put her down. Everyone was sobbing behind me, but not as loud as me.

"Thank you." She said before her eyes closed. I tried making her open her eyes, but she was gone.

"BETH NO!" I screamed. Carl pulled me away from her body and out of the room. He pulled me to him into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his back and buried my head into his neck and continued to cry. I heard the gun shot and I started to sob even louder and Carl pulled me in even tighter. Everyone walked out of the room and over to us. I look over at Maggie and she starts walking towards me with her arms open. I walked towards her and hugged her. She was sobbing even louder then me, she just lost her sister. Then one by one everyone started to join in on a group hug. First Glenn, then Carl, and then everyone else. I was in between Carl and Glenn. Carl looked at me and kissed my tear stained cheeks.

We went into the yard and buried Beth's body. It was starting to snow for the first time. We placed Beth in her grave and stood around it. I decided to talk.

"Beth loved winter, she said it was her favorite season. I know she'll be watching over us, just like everyone else. We gained another angel." I said quietly. Everyone nodded and I looked up to the sky, where the sun was shining in between a cloud.

"I love you Beth." I said before sobbing again.

"Thanks for being my unbiological sister."

End of chapter 30

A/N: Please don't hate me to much for this chapter! I worked pretty hard on it.

*DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN 4x14 the Grove SPOILERS AHEAD.

All I can say is wow. Poor Mika! I wasn't Very shocked about Lizzie being that psycho. I'm never looking at flowers again...