Chapter 3 Early Riser

Ashley's POV:

I woke up at 6:00 am. I'm used to waking up early, I've always had trouble sleeping. Having walkers all around you didn't make it any better. I decided I should start chores. I decided to take walker duty. I got up and changed and put my sneakers on. I threw my hair up into a high pony tail before leaving the cell.

I walked down to the gates and picked up a stick they used to kill the walkers and started stabbing them. It seems like we get more of they get more walkers over night. Maybe I should start doing this at night so the others don't have to worry as much. I kill more then half of the walkers at the fence, that should do for now. I look at the time and it's almost 7. I better head back in, everyone will be waking up soon. No one was up yet so I decide to go back to sleep.

Carl's POV:

I woke up at around 7:30. Ashley was still asleep, but she wasn't in her pajamas. "That's weird." I thought to myself. I go to the cafeteria, so far my dad, Hershel, and Glenn were up. I wasn't very hungry for some reason. I decided to go read the comics Michonne got for me the other day. I wasn't really in to comics before the end of the world, so why not start now? I walk into the library since it would be less quiet. These comics were kind of confusing and I couldn't concentrate. The last time I was in here I was with my mom. I miss her so much. I know my dad does too. I wish she could've met Ashley, she would've loved to meet the girl I liked

"Did I just say I liked Ashley?" Woah I need to slow down. I've only known her for a day! I decided to leave the library, I think to much there. When I went to the cafeteria everyone was already up. Was I in there for that long? All of a sudden I hear Judith start to cry.

"I'll get her Beth, you need a break." Ashley said. She was doing so much for us here already, I can tell everyone likes her. Esspically Beth. Ashley left and I heard Judith stopped crying, even Judith likes her!

Ashley's POV:

I missed seeing kids laughing and playing at the parks. I babysat a lot so I decided to help Beth with Judith. I picked Judith up from her crib and started to sing to her, I always sang to the kids I babysat and they seemed to like it. Judith stopped crying and giggled, and I laughed with her. I put her back in the crib and stayed in the room for awhile just in case she started crying, but instead I started crying. My sister was 6 months pregnant before all of this happened, she was going to have a girl. All the memories started to flood back and I couldn't handle it so I just cried. I finished quick, I didn't want anyone to see me. Judith was sleeping so I headed back to my cell.

Carl's POV:

I went to go check on Ashley and Judith. Before I walked in I heard crying, and it wasn't Judith, but Ashley. I heard her talking to herself about her sister and how she missed her and how much she wanted to meet her niece. That made my heart break. We both have lost people important to us, well haven't we all. I decided not to go in, I figured she would want to be by herself right now. I'll talk to her about it later though, to see if she wants to talk to anyone.

End of Chapter 3

A/N: SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT!