Chapter 7 The Attack

Ashley's POV:

August 6th 2014. I'm glad we keep track of the date around here. I was completely healed from the dehydration. Thank god, hopefully that never happens again. I laid in my bed just thinking about my life before the prison. Now that I think about it, it totally sucked. You never realize how lonely you are until you start hanging around people. I put my headphones in and started listening to my music. The first song that played was Castle of Glass by Linkin Park. I put it on repeat and walked outside to do walker duty. I was on duty with Maggie so we both got to work. It took us no more then 15 minutes to kill them all. When we were done we looked at each other and high fived.

"That was quick." I smiled and nodded. I walked into my cell and plugged my phone in. I went to Beth's cell and she knew what I wanted. We both walked into the guard tower and started our daily talk.

"For some reason, Carl looks really nervous today. You think it could mean something?" She asked.

"It's probably nothing." She shrugged her shoulders. After awhile Beth decided to head down. I stayed up there for awhile just watching the sunset. I then heard someone coming up the stairs. It was Carl.

Carl's POV:

"Hey."

"Hi." 

"Mind if I join?" 

"Not at all."  I smiled and sat down next to her. We sat in silence for awhile, not an awkward silence but a comfortable silence. It was nice not hearing the walker moans. What am I doing? I just need to ask her.

"Hey uhm can I ask you something?" 

"Yeah sure."  I took her hand and took a deep breath.

"Ashley will you be my girlfriend?" Before she could reply we heard gun shots. We look out the window and see a group of men.

"OPEN THIS GATE RIGHT NOW!"  By now everyone was outside. The men have already broken in the gates and started shooting. Ashley and I grabbed our guns and started shooting from the guard tower. We killed 2 out of the 7 men. Everyone else killed the others except 1. This one was fast. Ashley shot him in the leg.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH!" He screamed. He then aimed his gun towards Ashley and shot her arm.

"NO!"  I finished him off by shooting him in the head.

"DAD! DARYL! SOMEONE HELP." Daryl was up there in a flash. He saw the damage and picked Ashley up and ran to Hershel. Hershel cleared off the table and Daryl laid her down.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave. I have to get this bullet out of her now." We did as told and waited outside the cell.

~1 hour later~

"I got the bullet out, she lost a lot of blood but she'll be fine."

 I sighed in relief. I walked into the cell and see an unconscious Ashley. I pulled up a chair and sat next to her waiting for her to wake up. Hershel walked into the room.

"I don't think she'll wake up until tomorrow." 

"I don't care, I'm waiting for her to wake up."  He nodded and walked out. It was 10:00 pm. I should be sleeping but I couldn't. About an hour later I did.

Ashley's POV:

I woke up with a sharp pain in my left arm and Carl's hand in my right one.

"Ow."  That must've waken Carl up.

"Oh my god Ashley you're up!" I then remembered what happened. Carl was asking me to be his girlfriend and then I got shot. I never did give him an answer.

"Yes." 

"What?" 

"Yes Carl, I'll be your girlfriend."

End of chapter 7