Chapter 41 Drive

Ashley's POV:

They were leaving today. Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, and Carl. Rick was staying here to make sure nothing happens while they are away. They are going to go look for the group of people who tried to attack us and spy on them. I really didn't want Carl to go, but I'm not in charge of him. The date is December 25th, or what I used to call it Christmas. It's hard to have holiday spirit in times like these. My birthday is In the beginning of January so I'll be 15 soon. I'm getting older so hopefully I can help out more. I really want to learn to drive since I never got to. My mom said she would take me later today after everyone leaves, it's not like I have to have my permit or anything so were going to get right to it. I don't need to have my turning signals on, a speeding limit, or a instructor writing everything I do wrong on a clipboard.

The group was finishing packing, getting ready to leave. I was sitting on my bed helping Carl pack. I folded his clothes and placed them in the bag. They could be gone for a day, a week, or even more. Carl finished and sat down next to me.

"I know you're worried." He said. I guess he knew me to well.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to be. But I just can't help it." He put an arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Don't be sorry, I don't blame you. But trust me I'll be fine. When I get back you'll have to take me for a drive." He said making me laugh a little. I was excited to get behind the wheel.

"Come on everyone were heading out now!" Daryl yelled. We stood up and walked out of the cell hand in hand. We came face to face with everyone as they were saying goodbye. I turned to face him and pulled him into a hug.

"Be careful."

"Of course, I love you."

"I love you too."

We pulled away and I said goodbye to everyone else. Then they walked outside and drove away. I sighed because all of the people I talk to our gone. I wanted to get it off of my mind so I asked my mom to take me driving. She said yes so I walked out to the car. She was going to drive first and then I would be able to go. She drove out the gates and continued for about 5 minutes until she stopped.

"Your turn." I stepped out of the car and we switched seats. I took a deep breath before lightly pressing the pedal.

"Take a deep breath Hun, it's really not hard." I did as told and pressed with a little more force. I wasn't doing to bad, the road was straight so all I had to do was keep a tight grip on the wheel. I was starting to think about the group, were they okay? Were they hurt?

"ASHLEY!" I snapped out of it and looked up to see 2 walkers on the road making me press the break.

"I'm sorry mom! I can't do this right now!"

"Sweetheart calm down, let's switch. You need to rest." I nodded and walked around the car to the passengers seat. I rested my head against the window and took another deep breath. I guess now isn't the best time to drive.

Carls POV:

We were now in the car, hoping to find them somewhere. But we aren't there to fight, just spy on them. I wanted to hurt them though. They've put us through so much shit and we can't handle anymore of it. After an hour of driving we came in sight of what looked like a camp. We decided to take it from foot here so we wouldn't make any noise. We grabbed our weapons from the trunk and started our short walk. We heard talking coming from behind the gates, but we couldn't understand. We went a little further until we could. I peaked Into a home in the fence and saw about 20 men.

"Well it seems like they have plans, they're prepared. So we need one and we need it fast." Planning to attack again? Not this time.

"Well we better get one or everyone will die again, where is Mitch?"

"He's checking around the gates with a few other men, they said they heard a car." Oh shit, they heard us. I looked at Daryl and he nodded towards the car. Before we could get there 5 men came from in front of us and held their guns to us.

"Drop the weapons, or we shoot." I looked to everyone else and they slowly dropped the weapons, so I did the same.

"Good, okay boys do you thing." I heard footsteps behind us and got a bag thrown over my head. I tried getting away, but I got a sharp pain in my head and everything started to fade out.

~

"The boy is waking up." I heard a voice say.

"Great. You helped us out a lot little fellow. We were going to kidnap you and the girl so the group would come and find you, but now we just need the girl."

"No! Don't hurt her!"

"Well if you follow our instructions, maybe we will go easy on her." The man said laughing. I tried getting out of the rope, but these guys actually know how to tie a knot.

"Don't hurt yourself kid, there's not only 3 this time. There's 30. So have fun trying to get out." The man said walking out with his friends.

"GOD DAMMIT!" I screamed. I knew we shouldn't have left, but I wanted to go to show them I can be a man, and be helpful. Now everyone could be dead! What if I'm the only one alive? I then heard a knock on the door. Another man walked in and peaked his head in.

"You might want to try and get some rest kid, we have a long drive tomorrow."

"Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears."

Thanks for reading and being patient with me! Don't forget to vote and send requests in for my new imagines book which will be updates tomorrow!"