Chapter 5 Friendship Family and Love

Ashley's POV:

August 4th 2014. I've been at the prison for excactly a month. I never thought I would be happy again, I never thought I would find love, friendship, or family ever again. But I did. Rick and Daryl are like fathers to me, they are very protective of me. Beth is like my sister, we always have our girly talks in the guard tower, we forget about the walkers that are so close to us. Last but not least is Carl. No we aren't dating but it's pretty obvious we like each other. By now I'm pretty sure everyone knows we like each other. I wish we were dating but maybe it's not a good idea during the end of the world. But who knows maybe Carl has something up his sleeve right now. I laughed to myself. "yeah right."

Carl's POV:

"Dad when are you going to take me on that run I wanted to go on! I asked like 2 weeks ago!"

"Carl you know I'm busy right now, why don't you ask Glenn or Daryl."

"Fine." I said and walked away. Who should I ask to take me? If I ask Daryl he'll never stop teasing me but since he's such a badass we are almost guarenteed to make it back safely. If I ask Glenn, we would get it done quicker since he is the go to town expert. I decide to ask Daryl since Glenn was on guard duty right now.

"Hey Daryl, can you take me on a quick run." He nodded his head and we walked towards the car.

"What are you getting?"

"Something for Ashley..." He chuckled a bit and said

"Finally!"

Ashley's POV:

Beth and I are having our daily talk in the guard tower. Forgetting about the world around us.

"I can't believe I've never asked you this before, but what was your life like before this happened?" She asked me. I almost forgot about my life before this.

"Well I guess I was like any other 14 year old girl, hung out with friends on the weekends, I was pretty smart, played sports, and other stuff. My life was pretty boring. I didn't have a boyfriend, I'm pretty glad about that now." She nodded.

"I was like that at 14 too."

"I liked this boy though, but he was like my best friend so I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship."

"We all have had that problem." She laughed. "Do you feel the same about Carl?"

"Not really I feel like it would be better if we did date, kinda weird but I just have this feeling I can't explain."

"That is to cute." I smiled. We then just looked out the window and watched the sun. It was so relaxing. I've learned to ignore the walker groans and focus on other sounds. I then heard a car roll up. Beth and I both looked out the window and see Daryl and Carl walking out. He looked up at me and waved. I smiled and waved back.

"Just ask her out!" Beth yelled. I pulled her down and playfully smacked her arm.

"Oh my god Beth!" She was still laughing. I look back out the window and see Daryl cracking up and Carl blushing. Which made me blush.

"He's so cute." I climb down the guard tower and into my cell to plug my phone in. Yeah I still have my phone, it doesn't work but I use it to listen to music and look at my pictures. I plug it in and climb up to my bed. I was really tired and I didn't know why. I've been sleeping really good latley. Oh well. I fall asleep almost instantly.

Carl's POV:

I walk back into my cell and put Ashley's gift in the drawer. I look up in her bunk and she's sleeping. Her back was facing me but I could tell she was sleeping because she was breathing steadily. I smiled and walked out to go find my dad. He was in his cell with Judith.

"Hey dad, I got her gift."

"That's great Carl! Sorry I couldn't go with you."

"I understand, it's no problem!" He nodded and went back to Judith. I walked out and headed outside. The walkers weren't bad anymore. That was such a relief. I decided to lower the number down a bit, I grabbed the stick and got down to work. After that I decided to take a shower since I was pretty dirty. Luckily no one was in there so I didn't have to wait. After that it was already 9 so I decided to go to bed. Ashley was still sleeping. I'm glad she's been sleeping better now.

"Goodnight beautiful."

End of chapter 5