Chapter 29 Truly in Love

Ashley's POV:

November 16th, 2014 is the date. It's been a week since Carl and I got back together. Everything at the prison has been good. It seems like Woodbury has just disappeared. But with our luck, it probably hasn't. I can just hope that it's all over, but hoping hasn't gotten us very far. All we can do is continue to survive, because that's the only thing you can do nowadays. We all think it's nice to have a break. We're all sitting in the library just having a good time. It's like hanging with the family during a holiday. I haven't thought about my real family in awhile. Honestly, I don't even know if their dead or not. They could be some where safe, or they could be walkers. I guess I really shouldn't think about it, either way, I won't see them again. I shook that thought out of my mind. Right now I was sitting on one of the couches next to Carl and Beth. We had the fire place on for the first time. Hearing the crackling sound it made helped me relax more. Right now it was 7:42. We all have to be in bed by 10:00. This is how we spent most of our nights. Relaxing together before we all had to go to bed. Judith was already sleeping, but the rest of us were up. I look all around the room and everyone looked pretty tired. Everyone's eyes were drowsy, having trouble staying open. I laughed a little at the sight, making everyone look at me.

"What's funny?" Beth asked. 

"Oh nothing, we all just look so tired." I replied. Everyone looked at each other and laughed. During that laughter I heard snoring in my ear. I look to my left and see Carl passed out on my shoulder, making everyone laugh a little harder

"Looks like were sleeping in here tonight." I said.

"I'm to tired to get up so I might too." Daryl said and everyone nodded. For being survivors, we were awfully lazy. 

About 20 minutes later I looked around the room again and see almost everyone sleeping, except for Maggie and Beth who were both smiling at me.

"What are you smiling at?" I asked.

"You and Carl." They said in sync. I laughed at them and looked down on my shoulder. He was still sleeping with his mouth opened partly. Surprisingly he wasn't snoring like he usually did. 

"I'm just glad you guys are good now, you both looked so lost without each other." Maggie said.

"I did feel lost, ever since I got here Carl and I have been inseparable, so when we were separated I felt like a completely different person. I didn't even eat for 2 weeks. But I feel complete again." I said. They both awed and I laughed. I did miss Carl a lot though. I missed sleeping in his arms, reading together in the library, telling funny jokes, and just walking around like the end of the world never happened. 10 minutes later all I heard was complete silence. I was now the only one awake. I guess I better get to bed. I positioned myself so that my head was on Carl's lap and his was on the end of the couch. I slowly started to drift to sleep, safe and sound.

Carl's POV:

I woke up and saw everyone still in the library asleep. Well I guess we all decided to sleep in here. I look down at Ashley who was sound asleep. I decided to carry me and her to bed, since the couch started to get a bit uncomfortable. On the way to our cell I looked down at her, she looked so peaceful and worry free. When I opened the door to get into the cafeteria it creaked, waking Ashley up.

"Ssh. We're going to bed." I said.

"Carl you don't have to carry me, I have legs." She said laughing.

"I know, I wanted to." I replied. She nodded and decided not to argue. I win.

We got to our cell and I pulled back the curtain with my foot. I set her down on the bunk before I climbed up. When I got up there she looked wide awake. 

"I'm not tired." She said. I laughed a little at her response.

"You were 2 seconds ago." I replied.

"A person can change."  She said. 

"So what do we do now?" I asked.

"No idea, you decide." She replied. 

"I have an idea." I replied. 

I leaned in and kissed her softly, she seemed surprised by my actions, but she kissed back. The kiss got a little heated until we heard footsteps coming down the hallway. We pulled apart and acted like we were sleeping.

"Looks like their sleeping." It was my dad.

"They better not be doing anything inappropriate." It was Daryl.

"Daryl I'm sure they aren't, they look like they've been passed out for awhile." My dad said.

"Well if I catch them, they will not be in the same cell together." Daryl said. My dad just laughed. 

"Well I'm going to bed, get some sleep." My dad said before I heard his footsteps walking away. I waited for Daryl's to walk away, when I heard silence I opened my eyes and they were gone. I looked over to Ashley who was laughing.

"That was close." She said. 

"Yeah, a little to close." I replied.

"Well maybe you should be more careful next time Grimes." She replied. I just shrugged. 

"It was worth it." I said making her blush. I loved it when she did that. 

"Well we better get to sleep now." She said. I nodded.

"Goodnight babe." I said.

"Goodnight." She replied.

Ashley's POV:

I pretended to be tired, even though I'm still wide awake. That was the first time Carl and I have gone that 'heated.' And I actually liked it. But I don't think I'm ready to go any further then what we did tonight, at least until I'm 16. Hopefully Carl understands, I'm sure he will he always does. But I fell asleep with a smile on my face, knowing that I'm truly in love with Carl Grimes. 

"It's just you and me together forever." 

End of Chapter 29

A/N: 7k reads! :) Thank you so much again. I would apreciate getting votes from you guys. It really helps me to write better. :)