Chapter 15 Nurse and a Farmer

Ashley's POV:

Rick called all of us down to have a meeting. I knew it would be about Woodbury.

"They could be coming any day now. I want everyone to be prepared. I only want our team fighting. Everyone else will wait in the boiler room." He said. We all nodded. I don't want to wait while those assholes are trying to kill us. I wanted to help! I didn't want to argue with anyone though. I sighed and walked away. Carl followed sensing I was upset.

"what's wrong?" he asked.

"I just want to help, not sit around." I replied. He sighed.

"I know, nows not a good time though. You're arm isn't completely healed!" He said a little rudely.

"I know..." I said.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling the best today." He replied.

"Do you want to see Hershel?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Okay, you should probably lay down though." I said. He nodded and walked to our cell. I went to Beth's cell. She looked really scared so I went to go talk to her.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked.

"No I'm scared about this war, what if they all get killed!" She said.

"They won't! Our team is strong!" I said.

"But Maggie is on it! What if I lose her?" She asked. I sighed.

"To be honest I'm scared about losing Carl every single day. Especially with this war going on. But then I remember how strong he is. And so is Maggie." I finished. She nodded.

"I know. I'm just tired of feeling fear all the time." She said. I nodded.

"I'm going to check on Carl. See you later!" I said. I walked to our cell and it looked like Carl was asleep. I walked out but his voice stopped me.

"please stay." He said softly. I smiled and climbed up to our bunk.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked." He faintly nodded.

"Just a stomach ache I'll be fine." He said. I could tell he felt really sick though. He probably just didn't want me to worry. He took a nap for awhile, I stayed with him the whole time.

He woke up about an hour later and he said he felt better. I felt his forehead and he still felt warm.

"I'll be right back." I said. He grabbed my hand

"don't leave me!" He said. I laughed softly.

"I'll be back in a minute silly." I replied. He nodded and let go. I went to the bathroom. I grabbed 2 washcloths and put cold water on them. I walked back into our cell and gave him one of the washcloths.

"Turn over." I said. He did as told and laid on his stomach. I told him to put the washcloth I gave him on his forehead and I put the other one on his neck.

"Does that feel better?" I asked. He nodded a little and I smiled to myself. I was always good with taking care of people. I rubbed his back until I heard snoring. I laughed to myself.

"Dang I'm good." I said to myself. I decided to get out of bed and give him some room.

I walk outside and saw Rick farming by himself. I decided to go over and help.

"Want some help?" I asked.

"Sure! You can help plant the vegetable seeds." He said. I nodded and got to work. I didn't need a lot of help since I use to help my grandpa with his garden. I was never a big vegetable eater but now a days it's nice to be able to eat them.

"So is Carl sick?" He asked.

"He has a stomach ache, he felt a little warm so I gave him a cold washcloth. He's sleeping now so hopefully he'll feel better when he wakes up." I said.

"Thanks for helping me and him both appreciate it." He said.

"Not a problem!" I said.

"You know we're going to stop the governor and his men right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Of course! We have a strong team." I said. He smiled and nodded.

Rick and I finished so I went to check on Carl. He wasn't in bed so I looked for him and found him in the library. Looks like someone feels better." I said. He looked up and smiled.

"Yep!" He replied. He patted the spot next to him on the couch for me to sit next to him. I sat next to him and he put his arm around me and kissed my cheek.

"You give good back rubs." He said. I laughed.

"Yeah I could tell when you were snoring." I replied. He smiled.

"Do I really snore?" He asked.

"Just a little." I replied. I laid my head on his shoulder. I tried to follow along with what he was reading but it was confusing. After awhile my eyes got heavy and I fell asleep.

Carls POV:

I finished reading the comic and looked over to see Ashley sleeping. I laughed and laid us down on the couch, not bothering to wake her up. She's probably tired from taking care of me. I grabbed the next comic in the series I was reading and started to read it. My dad walked in the room and laughed when he saw Ashley.

"Not surprised she must be really tired, she helped me a lot with the farming today." he said. I laughed.

"Jeez she's a nurse and a farmer." I replied and he laughed.

"You know she really cares about you right?" He asked. I nodded. He smiled and told me that dinner was ready if I was hungry. After feeling sick I never wanted to eat so I passed. He nodded and walked out of the room. I continued reading, but it got boring after awhile. When I threw the book on the ground Ashley woke up. The noise from it was pretty loud.

"Sorry." I said.

"Don't worry about it. I have plenty of time to sleep tonight." She said. I nodded. That was true. She put her hand on her neck and looked in pain.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"I've always had neck pains since I have scoliosis." She said.

"Uhm what's that?" I asked.

"It's a weird thing that only 3% of people have. It's when you have curving in your spine. It causes neck and lower back pain." She replied. I nodded. I think I heard of that.

"Turn around." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"You'll see, just trust me." I said. She turned around and sat down in front of me so her back was facing me. I pushed her hair to the side revealing the back of her neck. I had her point to the spot where it hurt. She pointed to the left side that was by her shoulder. I massaged it a little and could tell how bad it was.

"Doesn't that hurt?" I asked.

"I guess I got use to it." She replied. I continued to massage it and try to make it feel better.

"Did that help?" I asked.

"Very much. Thanks!" She replied.

"It's my way of thanking you for taking care of me." I said. She smiled.

"It's already 9." She said.

"Really?" I asked. She nodded.

"We better get to our cell before we get in trouble." I said. She nodded and we tried to quietly get to our cell. It was successful. As soon as we got in bed Rick came in and we acted like we were sleeping.

"That was close." I said. She just laughed.

"Let's get some sleep." I said. She nodded.

"Goodnight Ashley." I said.

"Goodnight Carl." She replied.

End of Chapter 15.

A/N:
Thank you so much for over 500 reads! It means so much to me! Also thanks for 28 votes! I never thought so many people would like this story. Once again thanks for your support!