Chapter 19 Our "Vacation"

A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS! That's honestly so amazing! Also thank you for 70 votes! My goal is to get 100 votes soon! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Thanks for your support! :)

Carl's POV:

It still surprised me that Ashley was embarrassed about her arm. It isn't her fault she got shot. Just then she walked out of the bathroom with her bandages off. That made me happy, she doesn't feel like she needs to hide it anymore. She sat by me on the couch.

"So what do you want to do?" She asked.

"Well we could watch a movie, take a walk, or play some board games I found." I said. She thought about it for a minute.

"What movies do we have?" She asked. I looked through the movies I found.

"We have Finding Nemo, The Breakfast Club, 21 Jump Street, and that's about all." I finished.

"Let's have a movie marathon and watch all of them!" She said. I smiled and nodded. I put Finding Nemo in first. It was nice doing normal teenage things with Ashley. Luckily the cabin was boarded up so we really had nothing to worry about while watching the movies. I went to go sit back down by Ashley. I put my arm around her and pressed play.

"You think everything's going okay at the prison?" She asked.

"Yeah, my dad gave me a walkie talkie so we could talk to them at about 8, before they settle down and go to bed." I said. She nodded and continued watching the movie. I'm sure everything was going okay at the prison, they have guard duty shifts.

After the second movie was over it was 7:57, they should be calling us any minute now so I went to get the walkie talkie. I sat down on the couch and just waited for them to call. It was 8:02 and I heard a voice coming through.

"Dad?" I said.

"Finally, it took awhile to find you." He said. We talked for a little bit and then Beth wanted to talk to Ashley, and then Daryl talked to us.

"Nothing inappropriate better be going on over there." He said. We laughed.

"Maybe." She said. And we laughed again.

"Your going to get it when you get back." He said.

"Okay bye Daryl love you!" She said. That was it for the night.

"Wanna save the last movie for tomorrow?" She asked. I nodded.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked.

"How about we just talk?" She suggested.

"Okay sure." I said.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" She asked.

"Well if this all blows over, I want to be a police officer like my dad, I want to help save people. How about you?" I asked

"I couldn't decide, I either wanted to be a musician, or a special effects technician, I'm really interested in the makeup they do on TV and movies." She said.

"You play an instrument?" I asked.

"I played guitar for about a year before this, I also took voice lessons." She said.

"You're going to have to perform for me one day." I said. She laughed.

"That's my problem, I don't have enough confidence to do that, but I promise someday I will." She said

I smiled. "Good, I'll be waiting." I said.

We talked like this for hours, like we always did. We learn more about each other every night. Right now it was 10:30.

"We better get to bed." I said. She nodded and we walked to the bedroom. She plopped down on it.

"It feels nice not sleeping in a cell." She said.

"Agreed." I replied. It was nice not being trapped in one room like a prisoner. I was about to say something until I heard light snoring. I laughed and got her phone.

"Time for your revenge." I said taking her phone. I snapped the picture and made it her screen saver so it would be the first thing she saw in the morning. I smiled and went to bed, feeling pretty tired.

~The next morning~

Ashley's POV:

I woke up and felt great, I haven't slept that good in ages. I checked my phone and it was a little after 9. But the time wasn't the only thing I saw. I saw a picture of me sleeping from last night. "I should've known." I said to myself. I got out of bed and went outside to stick my feet in the pool. It was relaxing, I heard no walker moans and could hear the birds chirping. There was also a slight breeze, indicating Autumn would be here in no time. I closed my eyes and laid back. I smiled to myself, I haven't felt like this since this whole thing started. I sat back up to put my feet in to pool again. I put my headphones in and put my music on shuffle. I was enjoying myself to much when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, making me shriek.

"Carl you almost gave me a heart attack!" I half yelled. He was laughing to hard to even reply. I gave him a glare.

"Okay I'm sorry. I couldn't help it." He said. I laughed a little.

"I guess it was pretty funny." I replied. He came over to sit next to me.

"See?" He asked.

"Okay don't ruin it." I replied. He put his hands up in defense.

"You seem relaxed." He said

"That's because I am. This is so nice." I replied.

"That's why I took you here, I knew you needed a break from the walkers and just needed a normal day." He said

I kissed him. "I'm glad you did this for us." I said.

He smiled. "Anything for you, we better get packed up we have to head out into the real world soon." He said.

I sighed. I almost forgot about 'the real world.' He stood up and offered me his hand to help me up. I gladly took it as we walked inside to get packed up to head back to the prison.

End of Chapter 19