Chapter 8 Healing

Chapter 8

Ashley's POV:

Yesterday I said yes to being Carl's girlfriend. The problem was 2 days ago I got shot, so we can't really do anything right now. He's been very sweet though. I just woke up about 30 minutes ago, I was probably the first person up like always. Tomorrow Hershel said I can continue with normal activities, I just can't put a lot of pressure on my left arm, thankfully I'm right handed. Everyone has been helping me with things like eating and etc. I get to go back to my cell tomorrow, I have to stay in this room incase of an emergency. Which hasn't happened but oh well, it's nice to know they're worried about me. It was really boring around here with no one awake. I sighed and picked up my phone. Looks like Beth stole my phone and took a lot of pictures, I laughed and looked through all of them. She took one of me when I was sleeping. Oh geez. Just then she walked in.

"Oh hey you phone thief." I said. She looked confused and then laughed.

"Oh yeah I forgot I did that." 

"You had some really cute pictures on there." 

"Thanks! I haven't looked at them in awhile!"  I guess I was scared to look at the pictures of Ellie. We have a lot together and I would probably cry if I saw them.

"Are you the only one awake?"  She nodded. I sighed.

"Well I'll be right back." I had to go to the bathroom really bad. On my way I bump into Daryl, almost making me fly back.

"Oops sorry are you okay?" He asked.

"Yep, just peachy." I replied.

"So I heard someone got a boyfriend."

"Hmm wonder who." I replied walking away. He just laughed. After that I walked back to my cell to get new clothes. I see Carl is still asleep, his mouth was wide open. I laughed and took a picture of him. That must've woken him up. Before he opened his eyes I ran out of the room. I ran back to Beth and showed her the picture. We both laughed for about 3 minutes straight. Just then Carl walked in looking confused.

"What's so funny?" He asked which made us both laugh harder. He looked even more confused and walked away.

"That was close." She said. I just laughed. We headed out to the cafeteria because breakfast was probably ready. We were right, we were the last people to arrive, oops. I sat in between Carl & Beth. Everyone was staring at us whispering to each other like we were in middle school. I rolled my eyes and went back to eating. While we were eating Daryl stood up on the table

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to congratulate our newest couple here, Carl and Ashley!"  I hid my face in my hands while everyone cheered. Oh god this is so embarrassing.

"I'll be in my cell." I said. Everyone was still laughing.

I finished looking through the pictures Beth had taken. I can't wait to be able to sleep in my old cell, this one was boring. Hershel came in to check on my arm.

"It's healing pretty quickly, if you want you can go back in your cell. We will take the stitches out soon." He said.

"Thanks Hershel!"  I grabbed my stuff and headed into my cell. Sadly Carl wasn't there so I just hung out in my bed. He was probably helping his dad with farming. About 10 minutes later Beth came in to save me from boredom. We haven't been able to have our daily guard tower talks in a couple days. We walk outside, it's nice being out here. We go up to the guard tower, with our normal routine. I sat away from the window, taking caution. I made sure I wasn't in view. Beth noticed how worried I looked.

"I'm sorry I forgot about what happened to you here, wanna go down?" She asked.

"Yeah sorry, just for the rest of the week." She nodded and we sat on the benches, it wasn't safe but I felt more safe. Weird I know but oh well. I look over to Rick and Carl farming. I never realized how much muscle Carl had. Oh god I need to stop thinking things like that, even though he's my boyfriend I feel weird saying stuff like that.

"Quit checking him out." Beth yelled, which made Carl turn around. I turned around feeling embarrassed.

"Beth!"  She just laughed thinking she was hilarious. "Come on let's go inside." I said. She followed me.

"You're so embarrassing."

"That's what friends are for!"  I rolled my eyes and left. Pretty sure my face was a bright red by now.

Carl's POV:

My dad asked me to help him with farming. I didn't want to, but I agreed. I wanted to stay and hang out with Ashley, but I guess not. I helped him plant the food and carry things to the cafeteria. While I was in the process of doing that I heard Beth yell

"Quit checking him out." That made me turn around and I saw Beth and Ashley sitting at the picnic table. I smirked to myself and continued working. Not to long after that we were finished for the day. I decided to shower since I was sweating and probably smelt bad. After that I got dressed and went to my cell. I was surprised to see Ashley there.

"Hey."I said.

"Hey! Hershel said I could come back in the cell. He's taking the stitches out of my arm in a couple days." She replied. I smiled.

"Cool! How are you feeling?"

"Pretty sore, but I'll survive."  I climbed up into her bunk.

"I'm sorry this happened."

"It's not your fault, stuff just happens like this during the end of the world." We talked forever. I told her about when I got shot and other things. It was already 9pm.

"We should be in bed." I said.

"Oh well, I'm not tired so whats the point." She replied. I nodded.

"We'll just have to be quite." She nodded and pulled out her phone.

"Wanna watch a movie?" 

"Sure." I replied. We decided to watch Monsters Inc. Yeah we were pretty childish.

"I'm getting tired." She said.

"Me too."  She turns her phone off. I start climbing down to my bunk but Ashley stops me.

"Can you sleep up here tonight, I'm still kind of shook up about those guys coming in here." 

"Of course." I said smiling. I laid down next to her and she rested her head on my chest.

"Goodnight beautiful."

"Goodnight!" She replied while yawning. She fell asleep almost immediately. But I stayed up for awhile just thinking about how lucky I was. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer. Then I fell asleep with the most beautiful girl in my arms, and a smile on my face.

End of chapter 8