Chapter 16 Im Sorry

Ashley's POV:

I woke up and decided to do some gardening. I figured it would be good to give Rick a break. It was pretty early so no one was up. I changed out of my pajamas and into my regular clothes. I got all of the tools together and walked outside. It was starting to rain so I decided to get as much done as I could. I planted some cucumbers and put the ones that were already grown in the basket. I was planting the last seed when I heard cars coming. I saw one of the men had a famliar face. It was the Governor. I ran inside before they could see me and ran to Rick's cell. He told me to get Hershel, Beth, and Judith. Before I did that I ran to Carl.

"Please be careful!" I said hugging him. He hugged me back tightly.

"Of course,"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." We pulled apart and ran in seperate directions. I went to Beth's cell first and told her to get her dad. I ran to get Judith and we all went to the boiler room. We ran in and I shut the door and locked it. Daryl's suppose to come down and get us when this is all over. I held Judith and hoped no one would get hurt.

Carl's POV:

We all ran to our spots outside. We ran through the back door so no one would see us. The governors army of about 15 climbed over the gates and walked towards the doors. Everyone was waiting for my dad to give the signal which was his gun shot. Right before a man opened the door my dads gun fired. We all stood up and started shooting. We easily took out 7. We had 8 remaining. 5 had ran off back to a car and drove off. We had 3 more left and took out 2. The only man left was The Governor. He started running towards the gate and I shot him in the leg. But he kept running. He got in the car and the remaining 6 drove away. We all came out of our spots and went inside. Daryl went to the boiler room to get them. Ashley ran out with Judith in her arms. She handed Judith to Beth and ran to me.

"Oh thank god." She said. I hugged her tightly knowing she was probably scared to death.

"It's okay, none of us are hurt." I said. She nodded.

"I know, I was just scared. I didn't want anyone getting injured." She said. I nodded.

"Well Daryl and I are going to burn the bodies. I want everyone to relax and stay inside." My dad said. We all nodded and went our seperate ways. I took Ashley into the library, since that's basically our "spot."

"Are they all dead?" She asked.

"All but 6." I said.

"The governor?" She asked.

"Uhm, no." I said. She just nodded. I know that's the only man she actually wanted killed.

"You know I really want to kill him for what he did to you though right?" I asked.

"Of course." She said. I nodded.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Carl don't be it's not your fault." She replied.

"I should've been there to protect you." I said. She grabbed my hands.

"Carl please stop beating yourself up over this, it's no ones fault but that kids. You know I love you so much and you're the best thing that has ever happened to me. It kills me to see you sad." She said.

"I know, it's just hard to think about that happening to you." I said. She sighed and kissed me.

"I know you're worried about me. But you don't have to be. We've survided this long and we will survive until this is all over. I promise." She said. I hugged her.

"I love you." I said.

"Love you too." Just then Rick came to the room.

"Ashley Beth said she wants to see you, and she said to hurry. I ran out of the room and went to find her. I found her in her bed and she looked miserable.

"Beth what's wrong?" I asked.

"This is embarrasing but uhm it's that "time of the month. Can you ask someone to take you on a run?" She asked. I laughed a little.

"Of course I'll ask Daryl and I'll take Maggie with me." I replied.

"Thank you." She said. I nodded and walked out of the room. I went to ask Daryl and he said we could leave in half an hour. I then went to find Maggie, but stopped when I heard a very loud noise coming from outside...

End of Chapter 16