Chapter 4 Ellie?

Ashley's POV:

I've been here for a little over a week now, and I love it here. It was now 10:00 pm and everyone should be in their cell sleeping. Well, I was breaking that rule. I wanted to start killing the walkers at night so everyone would have less to worry about. I grab my knife and the stick everyone uses and got down to business. I couldn't believe how many came here at night. I was managing it and killed about 50 walkers, but then I saw something that made my heart break. It was my best friend, Ellie in walker form. I don't know how she got here, but she did. I always thought she would've survived. She was strong, took karate, and a lot of other sports.

"This is all my fault!" I screamed not caring who heard me. I ran up to the guard tower and punched the wall, it hurt like hell but I don't really care right now.

Carl's POV:

I woke up to a loud scream, I looked up in Ashley's bunk but she wasn't there.

"Shit." I ran outside in my pajamas and without shoes not really caring. I look at the gates and see only a couple walkers left, about 5. That's weird, we usually have 50. I listened for any sound and I then heard a noise in the guard tower. I climbed up there in record speed and see Ashley. She wasn't crying but she looked like she could any minute.

"Ashley, are you okay?"

"Oh my god your hand!" It looked like she punched a wall, it was very damaged.

"It's all my fault." She said in a faint whisper.

"What are you talking about?" I saw her looking at the walkers. I then recognized the face from one of the pictures she brought with her, that was her best friend.

"Oh Ashley, I'm so sorry." She didn't say anything, but she hugged me and started sobbing. I hugged her back and tried to calm her down.

"It's not your fault Ashley."

"Yes it is, the day all this started she walked home from my house, I should've told her to wait for my parents to take her home, but I didn't! She probably got attacked out there! She had no idea what was going on, she was probably so scared!" She said while sobbing. I sighed. She shouldn't be blaming this on herself.

"I'll be right back." I climbed down and got stuff for her hand, I didn't want it to get infected. Everyone had stuff in their cells in case of emergencies like this. I grabbed everything I needed and ran back to the guard tower. Thankfully she stopped crying and was now focused on her hand.

"Wow I'm a dumbass."

"Nah, people just have to let their anger out sometimes." I grabbed her hand and put the rubbing alcohol on it. She winced a little in pain, but then relaxed. I wrapped her hand in gauze and put the stuff back in the kit. She wiped her tears.

"Thanks Carl." She smiled. "I probably look like a wreck right now."

"Nope you're still very beautiful." Oh shit did I just say that.

"Sorry I didn't mean to."

"Why are you sorry?" There's no need to apologize." I nodded. "Well I'm heading back now, are you coming? She asked.

"Not yet, I'll be down in a minute." She nodded and hugged me again.

"Thanks again Carl, you have no idea how much it means." She kissed my cheek and left. Good thing she left when she did, I was almost sure my face was flushed a super bright red. I touched where she kissed me and smiled.

"She just kissed me."

I looked out the window and see Ashley walking towards the walkers. I saw her grab the stick. She killed the rest of them, except for her friend, I didn't want to ask her what her name was, I figured that would make her feel really sad. She kept looking at her friend she dropped the stick and said talked to her.

"I'm so sorry Ellie, I love you so much." She picked the stick up, she hesitated a bit but finally stabbed her. She dropped the stick and walked away, not daring to look back. I stayed in the tower for about 10 more minutes, just thinking. I really want to ask Ashley to be my girlfriend. I just don't know how. I should probably wait awhile to do it, she's been through a lot this past week. I better get to bed, I'm starting to get tired. I climb down the guard tower and walk to the cell block. I get in my bed and fall asleep almost immediately.

Ashley's POV:

I woke up at 7 am. My sleeping schedule was getting a lot better. I get out of bed and Carl was sleeping. I go to the cafeteria and see I'm not the only one up, but Beth is too.

"Good morning Ashley, oh my god is your hand ok?!" I forgot all about it.

"Yeah it's fine, long story." She nodded.

"Beth can I tell you something?"

"Of course!"

"I-I think I like Carl." She smiled super big.

"Well duh! You finally admitted it! You guys have totally been flirting the past week!"

"He really helped me out last night and it made me realize how much I liked him."

"I bet he'll ask you out soon!" I smiled.

"I hope so."

End of Chapter 4