Chapter 21 Thunderstorms

Chapter 21

The Governor's POV: 

"Where the hell is Jake? He should be here by now with Ashley. It's been almost 2 days!" I yelled. 

"He's probably dead their probably running a tight ship over there." Martinez said. 

"Well I don't care, how hard could it be? They've only had this girl for like 3 months." I replied. He just shrugged his shoulders.

"We're going to check it out, were not going to attack or get her just yet, we just need to see what's going on." I said. Martinez just nodded. Be ready Ashley, you'll be home soon.

Ashley's POV:

The date is October 1st. I can already feel the fall weather, and I love it. I've always loved hoodie weather. I was outside with Beth just laying in the grass. I was wearing my North Face hoodie, ripped denim jeans, and my combat boots. My hair was up in a messy bun because lets face it. It's the end of the world, who cares about looking good. I could hear light thunder which was indicating a storm was coming. Yes! I love storms. I use to hate them when I was younger, but now I find them so relaxing. Everything at the prison has been quiet so far, not a lot of walkers, and thankfully no governor. The sun was slowly fading away, with more clouds swarming in. Then before I knew it, it started raining! Beth wanted to go inside but I just wanted to stay outside and play in the rain. She laughed at me but agreed to stay outside with me. Everyone was inside, I guess they didn't want to get wet. Beth and I ran through the puddles, making my boots muddy and drenched. Beth and I were enjoying the rain so much, I almost didn't hear the sound of a car driving away. I ran up to the guard tower, and it was the governors car. Was he watching us? He's trying to get me himself now. 

"Beth get inside now!" I yelled. She didn't ask questions as we both ran inside. When we got inside everyone was looking at us with a worried look.

"I saw him." I said. They didn't even have to ask who. It was pretty obvious who I was talking about. 

"What was he doing?" Rick asked.

"I don't know, I think he was watching me. He could've easily gotten me if he wanted too. But he didn't." I said quietly. I was still trying to process that this grown man was watching me, and wants to kidnap me. Daryl slammed his fist down on the table.

"Goddamn what is wrong with this dick?" He half yelled. Everyone was just silent not knowing what to do. I looked over at Carl and he motioned for me to go to our cell. I nodded and followed him. He sat on the bottom bunk and I sat next to him. He grabbed my hand.

"He won't get you I promise." He said. I just nodded, not knowing what to believe anymore. What if he got me and Beth. It would've been all my fault for making her stay outside with me. I just looked down feeling ashmed of myself. 

"Hey look at me." He said. I looked up and my eyes met with his.

"We all care deeply about you. We would never let him touch you ever again!" He said. I nodded and hugged him.

"I love you." I said as another crack of thunder was heard.

"I love you more." He said. Before I knew it I saw lighting outside the window. Maybe the thunder saved my life, if the storm hadn't come. He easily could've tooken me, and even Beth. Another reason to love storms.

"Do you like storms?" I asked. Before he could answer another sound of thunder cracked making him jump. I laughed.

"I'm guessing no." I said. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Depends. I only like light stroms. It annoys me when the thunder is loud and close." He replied.

"I guess you're out of luck then." I said. The thunder was really loud today. I don't think it will be blowing over anytime soon. He laughed a little. 

"What do you want to do?" He asked. I wanted to go outside but I guess that wasn't the best idea right now. 

"Kids get out here!" Daryl yelled. We got out of bed and walked to the group.

"There's one thing I have to tell you." He said stopping for a moment. 

"We're going to kill that motherfucker." He said while another crack of lighting and thunder hit. I smiled to myself. I knew that he meant it. We we're all tired of his shit. So they we're going to finish it, once and for all.

~End of chapter 21~