Chapter 10 I Love You

Carl's POV:

I woke up from being shoken lightly. It was my dad. "Carl can I talk to you?"

My dad asked. I sighed.

"Yeah give me a minute." I replied. He nodded and walked out. I removed my arm from Ashley, and accidentally woke her up.

"Sh, I'll be right back." I said. She faintly nodded and went back to sleep. I climbed out of bed and went into my dad's cell. He looked really upset.

"What did you want." I asked.

"Carl I know you're mad at me, but I didn't mean to bring mom up. I just don't want the same thing to happen to Ashley. You know I miss her terribly too." He said. I took a deep breath.

"I know, I didn't mean to blow up like that." I replied. He hugged me and I hugged back. I nodded to him and walked backed to my cell. I climbed back to bed into my original position. Ashely was about to get up but I pulled her back down.

"You're not going anywhere." I said. She laughed

"We have chores silly!" She replied.

"Oh well will do them later." I replied. She laughed but agreed.

Ashley's POV:

In all honestly I couldn't go back to sleep. I never could. But I was to comfortable to even try and get up. My arm was still sore from yesterday so I decided to get out of bed. I tried to do it quietly so Carl wouldn't wake up. Thankfully I did and walked to Hershel's room.

"Hey can I have some more pain killers?" I asked. He nodded and we walked in to the medical cell. He gave me some pills and stuff to rub on my arm. I walked to the bathroom and filled up a cup of water and took the pills. I rolled my left sleeve up a little bit and put the cream he gave me on. It was really cold but it soothed the pain a bit. I walked back to get my clothes and change. I decided to do walker duty. I could only use my right hand so I used my knife instead of those long poles. I see Glenn was out there to so I walked over and joined him. He nodded at me and I got to work.

"So you and Carl..." He said.

"Yep." I said. He laughed.

"Ever since the first day you got here he would never shut up about you." He said. We both laughed.

"Oh those were the days." I replied still laughing. I was wearing a tank top since and shorts since it was so hot. Hershel told me to air my arm out a bit to make it feel better, it was working. Glenn and I decided to finish and headed back inside. I decided to grab a granola bar from the top shelf it was a little to high so I had to stand on my tippy toes. I eventually got the box but made it fall to the ground. I sighed and picked it up.

"Nice view." I heard Carl say. I turned around and shook my head.

"Perv." I said.

"Nah I'm your boyfriend, if I wasn't then I would be a perv." He replied.

"Oh is that the rule?" I asked. He smiled.

"Yep." He replied.

"Here let me get it." He said.

"Nice view." I said mocking him. He just laughed. I walked into the library and started to read a book. Carl followed behind me and sat on the couch next to me. I opened my book and started to read. Carl tried to follow along but miserably failed.

"Let's do something else." He said. I didn't say anything because I was so into the book. He sighed and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Pllleeeasssssee." He said. I held back a smile and continued reading. He sighed. I saw him get a smirk on his face. I tried to ignore it. No longer then 10 seconds later he started tickling me. Sadly I was very ticklish and couldn't hold back my laughter.

"C-Carl plead st-stop!" I said in between laughs. He finally stopped but continued laughing. We then stopped and he looked at me with a serious look. We stayed like that for 30 seconds until he started to lean in and close his eyes.

"This is actually happening, my first kiss." I thought to myself. I closed my eyes and it happened. Our lips connected and I swear I felt sparks. We pulled away and smiled to each other.

"Come on, let's go outside." He said. He took my hand and guided me to the door.

It felt so nice outside. It was hot but it had a breeze. The perfect weather I liked. Carl then leaded me to the grass. We laid there just taking in the sun. I could feel the sun beaming down on my skin. Hopefully I didn't get sunburned. There were barley any walkers groans coming from the gate so it was very relaxing.

"Hey Ashley?" Carl asked.

"Yeah?" I replied. He stayed silent for a minute but finally said it.

"I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too." I replied. He kissed my forehead and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Who knew I would love again? I asked myself

End of Chapter 10