Chapter 43 Why Us?

Carl's POV:

We arrived at what I like to call 'Hell.' I held tightly on to her hand as the man started to approach the back of the van. He opened the door and pulled the two of us with force, causing are hands to break apart. We were both getting pulled separate ways. We tried reaching for each other, but failed. We were getting dragged further, further, and further apart. I took one last look at her before getting pushed into an empty building. I look around and see nothing but a metal table and a chair. There was also another table that had some weapons and rope on it.

"You're such a dumbass. Chasing after her. You'll regret it soon, you'll realize she's just a dumb girl and that your to young for relationships." The man said laughing. I didn't say anything. There was no point in arguing because I knew he was wrong. "Sit down now." I did as told and slowly walked over to the chair. He put my hands behind my back and tied them tightly together, cutting of my circulation.

"Were going to have fun with you and your girlfriend." He laughed before walking out. When the door closed I tried my hardest to get out of the rope. I tried scooting over to the table with the weapons. Before I could get there the chair got caught and I fell. Well there is no getting out of this now. I tried my best to get up off the ground, but my body was unable to do so. Another man walked in and laughed at me.

"You're going to have to try harder then that." He said while pulling the chair up, bringing me with it. "Don't worry, your little girl friend will be just fine." He said before walking out and slamming the door. I've failed everyone. The group, Ashley, myself. I need to get out of here and save Ashley, the men might have said that they would leave our group alone, but I'm not stupid. They would keep going back until they got what they wanted. I didn't know what it was exactly, so that's what I need to find out. When I was on the ground the man handcuffed my feet together so I couldn't even move. I'm such a failure, I can't even save my own girlfriend. All I can hope now is that she's okay...

Ashley's POV:

I'm all by myself now in a dark room. I wasn't tied down or anything, I could run if I really wanted to. But I was to scared, my room has no windows so I don't know when the coast is clear. I stayed sat on the floor in the corner of the room, scared of what they would do to me. Is the group going to come and save us? Or are we really on our own now. The thought of them forgetting about us made me cry. I didn't sob, just let tears stream down my face. What are the doing to Carl? Is he already dead? All I could think about was why us? I couldn't sit here any longer, I needed to save myself and Carl. I don't think there is a weapon in here that I could use. I had a little amount of light coming from the creek of the door. I could faintly see the leg of table. I slowly crawled over to it, trying to find it's surface. I put my hand on the table and felt a sharp pain in my hand.

"Ah fuck." There must be a knife on the table, the blood was dripping off my hand. Okay that's it, it's time to get out of here. I grabbed the knife with my other hand and walked to the door. I bent down to see if I could see feet outside the door, I didn't so I slowly opened it and walked out. In the room was what seemed to be a living room. Who's house am I in? No time for question's. I looked around to see if I could find a gun, or anything else useful. I looked in the bathroom for bandages or something to stop the bleeding, but nothing. Looks like I had to get creative. The only thing I could find was toilet paper, so I guess that's all I have for now. I wrapped it around my hand, making it as tight as possible. I heard a door slam from the living room. Oh no, whoever it is, he's back.

"Ashley." I heard someone whisper, it sounded like Rick. I peaked my head out the door and saw him with Glenn. I ran out to them and hugged both of them, happy to see faces I knew and loved.

"Thank god you're safe. Where is Carl?" Rick asked.

"I don't know what building he's in, but I do know which way they took him."

"Okay stay behind us, all we did was blend in and we were fine, but they will recognize you so put this on and keep the hood on." Glenn said passing me a big hoodie. I did as told and stayed behind them as we walked out the door. I kept my head down as we walked faster then average.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS THE GIRL?" Glenn and Rick picked up their pace so I did the same as men were running towards the angry man.

"Over there." I quietly said while pointing towards where they took Carl. We starting jogging towards there trying our hardest to get out of here. We looked through every window,trying to see if we could find him. When I got to the 3rd building I saw a man crouching down to someone, I couldn't see the face, but I recognized that voice from anywhere, it was Carl.

"Guys!" I said as quiet as possible. They looked at me and I pointed towards the building.

"But be careful there is a man in there."

"I don't care that is my boy." Rick said kicking the door down. They both pointed their guns at each other. "Let him go, or I swear to god I'll beat the shit out of you." The man grabbed Carl and held him by his neck.

"We were just having some fun, calm down." That made Rick furious. He walked up to the man and punched him straight in the face.

"No one messes with my family." He said before shooting him in the head. Rick quickly untied Carl's hands and took the handcuffs off. His face was bruised and cut up, he had a hard time even walking. Glenn quickly picked him up and we ran out of the building. Rick shot everyone who got in our way. When we finally made it to the car Glenn set Carl in the back seat with me. On the ride home all I could think was, why us?

"I promised we would survive this together, and I plan on keeping it."

AN: SO SORRY IT TOOK FOREVER TO UPDATE PLEASE VOTE AND THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT.