Laters baby

Over this past few weeks, I was drowned with work, family gathering, friends meet ups and some out of town meetings. I was occupied to say the least. Luke and I just talk to the phone or sometimes when I didn't make it, he made sure to come at my office to stop by, check me and leave me some food to make sure that I eat at the right time. It was nice but sometimes I feel like I'm made him like a puppy that follows me everywhere even If I don't want him to do it... I like it and really appreciate it but I don't want him to see and feel that I'm doing it on purpose.

"Please? Even just for tonight?" He begs.

"Fine, fine I'll be there at seven?" I ask through the phone.

"Yes! Thank you so much! Seven is fine and I'll be waiting for you okay?" He said happily that also made me smile.

"Okay, see you later..." I told him.

"Laters baby..." He teases and chuckle.

"You finally watched it??" I ask in disbelief but smiling. The last time we were in a relationship, he really doesn't want to watch it.

He was silent in the first place but I knew that he was smiling ear to ear. Then he burst out laughing, followed by me.

"Fine, I watched it after a couple of months being not with you and I guess... Well I'm a man Sam, and-"

"Stop right there mister, maybe we should not talk about it on the phone you think?" I tease him.

I can hear him growl but chuckle.

'Okay, okay, see you later then?" He asks again.

"Sure, what do you want me to bring?" I ask.

"Nope,"

"Just you is enough" He added and I couldn't help anymore but smile.

***

"Mama, Papa is it okay if I couldn't have dinner with you tonight? I am going to have dinner with a friend tonight." I asked as I put my earrings on with my barefoot feeling the carpet of my parent's room.

They look at one another then back to me skeptically as the twins running around the room.

"Do we know this friend of yours?" Mama asked even if I know that she already knew who it is.

"Well, I think so..." I told her.

"Do you think this friend of yours might be a good guy? No parents or father wants to see their princess cry... not anymore" Papa asked as he raised his brow at me..

I sigh and sit at the bed.

"Ma, Pa, I am trying... I want to give him a chance. He told me everything and I know that he regrets everything that he did before. I want to start it over again..." I said honestly.

They both sighed but then smiled at me.

"You're old enough darling; maybe we can't control you anymore but just know how much we cared and love you so much right? We are always here to guide you and protect you. We trust you so much okay?" Mama said with a smiled as Papa telling the boys not to touch anything from the table near the door.

"I know Mama, I'm so lucky to have to pairs of parents you know... you Mama, Papa and Dad and Mom. I couldn't ask for more plus my brother James and this twins."

I told them as I point to the twins.

"Okay, you take care and call me anytime okay?" Papa said.

"Yes Papa," I told him.

***

I was on my way to Luke's place when I realize that maybe it was nice if I bought some dessert from the shop he likes. I drop by to the shop when I bump to someone.

"I'm so sorry; I didn't realize that-"I was cut off when I saw who is in front of me.

He looks so good, clean, and hot but not just like Luke if you know what I mean... but in other words, I missed this guy who is standing in front of me.

"Sam..." He mumbles.

"Ethan?"

"Sam, it was nice to see you again!" He said in surprise. He hugs me so tightly.

"Ethan! How long have you been here? I mean where have you been all this time?" I ask as we both pulled away.

We seated at the small table beside the glass window.

"It's a long story, I went to my mom and start all over again but wait, hey I'm sorry about Henry... I'm sorry If didn't make it to come here that time."

"That's okay, it was hard but he will never be forgotten... Answer my question earlier, when did you get here?" I ask as I look at him. A lot of things change through his face and he looks like going to gym every day.

"I just came here last night; you still look stunning you know?" He said quietly.

"Ethan," I warned.

"I'm sorry; I'm just stating the truth..."

It was nice seeing him again after a long time when suddenly I looks back to the shelf of desserts and looks back at my clock. It was seven forty five and I was already late for forty five minutes! I panicked as I look back at Ethan with a worried face.

"Uh Ethan, it was so nice seeing you again but I really have to go now. I have a dinner to attend and-"

"That's okay Sam; you go ahead, maybe some other time yeah?" He said with a smile.

"Sure!" I said after buying what I had to buy, I grab my phone and ring his number.

Hello, thank you for reading!

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Love you all