Ferris wheel

Forgive me if it's a short chapter.

Ferris wheel, that's what I can say about my life.

Sometimes you are on the top, while there are times that you are at the bottom.

Everything that she said hits me so hard, like I have been hit by a bullet straight to my heart and brain.

"Pardon me? I'm sorry I didn't quite understand." I ask her nicely.

"I know you do understand what I had said and I don't want to repeat it but okay, I'm sorry but you are no longer part of this company."

"But why, did I do something wrong?"

"You know, you are good I must say but this company needs a new or I mean fresh Ideas. I'm sure that your new job will fit for you very well because I will make sure to give you a good exit and a good back ground." I don't know why I want to slap her right now. It's not a valid reason.

"Did Mr. Bennett know about this?"

"He doesn't have to know because I am the one who is holding this company now."

My patience is getting thin as I look at her eyes.

"I want to ask you straight and I want you to answer me honestly."

She just shrugs and looks at me.

"Did I do something wrong to you? I thought we were friends? And for the last time I checked, I didn't do anything to hurt you." I almost gritted my teeth at her.

It took a second before she speaks.

"And that's what I thought too. I thought we were friends but then I found out that you are playing with my feelings behind my back!"

I let all the words she said sink in my mind for a while before I speak. It was confusing at first.

"Is this all about Ethan?" I ask her.

She laughs bitterly.

"Bingo! I knew you were smart and please don't play like dumb. I know you're just pretending like you don't know while all the time you've been working here in our company, you are already thinking how to break me. Well, congratulations to you." She said with venom on her voice.

"I really don't get you Camilia, Ethan and I we are just friends. That's all and how dare you accused me on things you don't know? You know nothing. And for your information, I don't play with feelings whoever it is. I treat you as one of my friends Camilia."

"Liar, now I know why Luke doesn't want to be with you anymore. I'm happy that he is now moving on from you because you are nothing Samantha. He doesn't deserve you, pretending that you are in love with him while you are playing fire with Ethan all the while."

I frown and bit my lip. She is crossing the line; she has her insulting eyes looking at me up and down like I was a piece of dirt.

"Where did you get that story? Because I want to congratulate that person for making you believe that. It was so low of you to think of me, Luke and Ethan that way, it was so low and uneducated of you. And, I will never get down to that. I just want you to know that it's not true, I don't care who told you that or if you just assume that. All I know is that I know deep inside me that I did nothing wrong, Ethan and I were just friends and Luke and I have a different story to tell. I may not be that rich like you, I may not be graduated in a high class school but that doesn't mean that you can think of me that low. I may not be born with loads of money but its just money you know? I can earn that but friends, family, manners and love coming from them is the things that no one can buy. You have to work for it. It's not always the money, keep that in mind." With that she held her hand up ready to slap me but I held her wrist just in time.