Play it cool

It was a beautiful morning as I open my curtain and I smiled to myself thinking how lucky I am to be given a chance to live another day in this world. I made my way to the kitchen and made my own breakfast, I answer my phone after munching my toasted bread.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sam!"Myra said in a cheerful voice.

"I see you are in good mood so I suppose that you and my brother are now in good terms?" I ask and smiled.

"Mmm, yeah you can say that. What are you going to do today?" She asked and I'm glad that they already fixed it up.

"Actually I want to go outside, it's a beautiful day!" I beam and she laughs at the other line.

"I agree! So you are in the good mood too huh?" She teases and I bit my lip.

"Yes, you wanna go outside? Just the two of us" I ask her even if I know that she will say yes.

"Hell yes!" she said excitedly.

"Okay so see you later at the ice cream parlor okay?"

"Sure, see you just text me the time okay? Bye!"

I continue eating my breakfast after talking to her and I can already picture at the back of my mind the things we are about to do later. It's me plus my best friend is equal to disaster!

***

"Watch out!" I scream at her and my balloon which is filled with blue paint smack her in the chest. I laugh at her while running.

"You'll pay for that missy!" she fired back and I continue laughing. I turn around but I can't see her and when I turn around again I saw her standing in front of me with a 'I told you, you will pay for that' look and before I could run away from her, it's too late already because I was already full of yellow paint. We both laugh harder looking at one another like we are looking at the mirror.

"That was fun! I missed playing that. We should do it again." Said Myra while we exit and made our way to the shower room.

"I know, we should bring the guys."I smiled at her.

After taking a quick shower, we left the studio and straight ahead to the ice cream parlor. We seated at the front where you can see the busy street, people walking side by side and vehicles moving everywhere.

"I'm glad we got this day together again." she smiled at me and I do the same.

"Me too, it's good to know that you can still run." I tease her and she glared at me.

"I am not that old okay? I maybe a few months old for you and smaller than you but gosh, I'm still young!" she said trying not to laugh.

"If you say so Miss Young adult" I told her and she just roll her eyes at me.

"Don't you dare tell that to your brother, he is been bugging me all the time and I don't want him to add that up okay."

I smiled at the mention of my brother.

"I'm happy that you two ended up together." I saw her blush.

"Well yeah, me too and who would have thought that your best friend and your brother will fall in love right? It's like a story."