It's like counting one, two and three

Looking at them makes me want to scream, they won't stop looking at each other intensely.

We are still on my kitchen eating my burnt pasta and it really annoyed me right now.

"I'm really sorry about the pasta, do you guys want me to order or buy pizza and Chinese food?"

"No" they both said in unison. And I just look at them weirdly.

"Okay but are you sure you want to eat this?"

"Yeah, you cooked it for me and besides I don't think it's nice to waste food right?" Ethan said.

I nod at him getting his point.

"I will eat it Sam, don't worry." Luke smiled at me warmly.

Then we started eating and I'm looking at them, waiting for their reaction. No one dares to speak. I know that this taste really bad. Luke has his eyes on Ethan, one thing that bothers me.

I sighed and ignore it. I turn my gaze to Luke.

"By the way, why the meeting got canceled?"

"Actually it's not. I just moved the time." He said blankly.

"Wait what?"

"I want to know what happened when you called."

"But I told you that I'm fine, you shouldn't do that." He looked at me narrowing his eyes at me.

"You don't get me do you? I moved it to see you. I moved it because of you and you should be happy, and can we just eat this thing? There are so many things running in my head so please Sam not now." I look at him like he was some kind of alien, why is he being like this? It's like it's my fault and that I should be thankful because he is here for me like a hero. Maybe he just realized what he has just said by the way he is looking at me right now. Suddenly Ethan stood up

"Ahmm Sam, I think I have to go. Thanks for the free meal. I'll see you around okay?" He said and hugs me before leaving Luke and I alone. I heard the door closes as I look at Luke again.

I pulled away the plate that Luke has. I know that he's just trying to eat it even if he doesn't like it.

"What are you doing?" He asked. Trying to grab it from me but I didn't give him the chance.

"No Luke, you are not going to eat this 'thing' okay? And I'm sorry if you have to move your meeting because of me but as I remember, I didn't tell you to come over here right?"

"Sam please, you don't have to be ridiculous. Please stop."

"You're telling me that I'm ridiculous? Gosh Luke what is wrong with you." I turn around and put the plate beside the sink. I can hear him telling me to bring it back to him but I'm not going to do that.

"Why are you so mad at me? Is it because I ruined you lunch with that guy?"

With that I turned around to look at him, it angers me hearing it from him. Is he accusing me that? Gosh Ethan is just my friend.

"What are you trying to say? The guy that you've been talking has a name and it's Ethan. He is just a friend Luke and you know that."

He scoffed and said; "Of course you know his name."

I just rolled my eyes

"I don't know what's on your head right now Luke but all I know is that Ethan and I were just friends."