Can We Still Be Friends

It was four in the afternoon, a perfect time to start arranging these files to where they are supposed to be located. One more hour and I'm done with my work. I'm working on a magazine line named 'Chemistry' where it's all about everything. From business to celebrities and some facts you should know in life as a women.

For me, working is not going to be hard as long as you love it and put some passion on it. It's also my sweet escape in life which took my mind off in thinking too hard of 'him' . Even though I know that I can't escape reality outside this building.

Suddenly a knock on my the door divert myself from my day dreaming to reality.

"Come in".

"Good afternoon ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you but I just want to remind you that you have a meeting tomorrow at noon with Mr. Morrison." My assistant Jenny told me.

"Okay. Thanks Jenny. Oh by the way, is Mr. Bennet still here?"

"No ma'am, he already left a few minutes ago. Do you still need anything? "

"No I'm good, Thanks though. Just checking the boss. You can go now Jenny, see you tomorrow."

***
I made pasta for my dinner. And honestly, it's not that bad. Eating my meal while watching movie is one of my favorites.

"This is the best pasta I've ever taste!" He said while swallowing the food.

"Really? Or you're just saying it because you're hungry?"

"I promise! It tastes good!"

"Well, thank you."

He stood up and went behind me. He wrapped his strong arms around my waist and leaned his head on my shoulder, then he pecked my jaw. I closed my eyes savoring the moment with him.

"Thank you." I told him.

"For what?"

"For everything. For being with me. For accepting me. For loving me.. "

" You know that I love you right?"

"I know, you always tell me that."
"Good. Because I will never get tired on saying that."

" Well that's good to know because the feeling is mutual."

Everything I do, everywhere I look reminds of him. There was never a day I have ever forgotten him and that is the hardest thing on moving on.

It's like climbing a mountain, the journey is the best thing you will ever have . Especially with someone you love, all you have been through together. You will fall but then you know there is someone who'll ne there to help you.
But then the hardest part is when you fall again, and realized that there's 'no one' to help you now. You are just on your own from the ground while getting back to the top.

"What a life." I told to myself.

After dinner, I took a shower, brushed my teeth and made my way to my loving bed.
My phone starts to buzz showing the picture of my mom.

"Hey mom, what's up?" I sit up and smiled.

"Hi sweetheart, I'm fine, we're fine. You? How's work? I miss you baby. " That's mom. She has a lot of nickname for me.

"Good. Nothing's new mom and I miss you too." I told her.

"Aww.. Honeybunch. I wish I was there with you. You know, me with you, you with me, there. And-"

"I get it mom, I get it. No room for drama remember? " I cut her already and laugh.

"Fine. But remember that I am always here okay? I'm just a phone call away." This is why I love my mom. She knows everything even if I didn't say it. She make me feel loved.

"I love you mom." holding back my tears.

"I love you too sunny." And there she goes again ladies and gentlemen.

"Okay, it's time to rest mom. Tell everyone that I love them!"

"Sure munchkins!"

***

Having a meeting like this is very important for me especially on my work. Treat them right, respect and be loyal. These are just few of the things you should know in business.

"So, it's a deal Mr. Morrison? " I ask calmly.

Mr. Morrison stood up, smiled and offered his hand to me as a sign of appreciation.

"Congratulations, you just got my company Ms.Hastings. I believe on what this company can do. And of course I trust you Ms. Hastings. You're one of the best."

I took his hand and lightly shake it.

"Thank you Mr. Morrison. I'm not going to promise you anything because I'll make sure of it that you're company is in good hands. No need to worry. "

I was now on a cafe near the office taking a break. Relaxing from my recently meeting which is finally closed.
My name was called by the man on the counter. I walked there and grab it then walked back to my previous position.

Suddenly I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was.

"Camilia?" I asked in disbelief.

"What the? I knew it was you Sam!!" She exclaimed and gave each other a quick tight hug.

"Gosh, Camilia it's really you! It's so good to see you again. It's been what? three years? If I'm not mistaken. You're here!"

"I know Sam, It's been a while. We have a lot of things to talk to. I missed you!"

"Me too! I didn't hear anything from you after college." She is my friend back on my college days.

"Don't worry, I'm staying here for good. I just got here two weeks ago. I can't believe that I'll be seeing you again and in this cafè!"

"I know, I know. So how are you?"

"I'm good actually. You?"

"I'm doing great also. So you're alone?"

"Oh, actually I'm with someone. Will be here in a few.
I miss hanging out with you. So, can we still be friends?" she asked.

"Are you insane?! Ofc-". I was cut off by her.

"Hey! Here! " she called and wave her hand.

I turned around to see who is giving her company. And at that very moment, I wish I didn't turn. I felt like my world break into pieces. It's 'Him'.

"Oh Luke meet Sam. Sam this is Luke ". She
said happily.

I want to scream, but I don't want him to see that. I don't want him to see how weak I am.

So I stick my hand out and offer it to him.

"It's nice to meet you Luke."
It took a minute for him to grab my hand and shook it. I pulled my hand quickly. He just stared and nod.

"Sorry Camilia, but I really have to go back. It was nice to see you again. "

"Oh, is that so? Okay see you around Sam. By the way give me your number so I can contact you." Seriously?! Gosh, tell my why?!

I gave her my phone number and grab my bag.

"Bye. oh, and by the way, it was nice to meet you Luke." With that, In one swift motion I walked outside the cafe.

Remembering what she just said; "Can We Still Be Friends again?"

*****

Whew. That was intense!

So, what d'yah think will happen?

Feel free to vote and comment. I would love to hear comments from you. :)

No bashing please.