Where do I begin?

It’s been two days since I left the house and I know that I can’t run away forever. Today is the day.  

I’ve decided to call James and tell him that I’m coming today. It’s hard but I have to accept it and embrace it. I’ve thought that I should be thankful because they accepted me. I’ve think to myself, if they did not adopt me, where am I right now? Will I ever be in this place right now? Will I ever know how to count numbers from one to ten? Or will I ever learn how to read? I know it’s hard for me to think that I’m not really part of their family by blood, but they never ever let me feel that I don’t belong in them. In fact they do the opposite; they love me unconditionally and showed me that love is the most precious thing a person can have. No money can buy happiness, no money can buy love. Some may be rich, they can have all the things in the world but without love, it’s nothing.

I should be thankful; while there are some people seeking for love on their family here I am, having that life in my arms. I’ve realized that getting mad, feeling sad, hopeless and betrayed is a part of it. I asked myself once, yes I was hurt but what about my parents? I know that if I was hurt, it’s triple times to them. They are the one who taught me things I should have known, they were the one who supported me when I took my first step as I walk, they are the one who provides us what we need first than what we wants. They gave me love that feeds my soul and my filled my whole life complete.

I parked my car outside our house, as I look outside of the house I smiled to myself. This is not just a house, this is my home.

I walked inside to see my parents sitting at the living room with their puffy eyes and I can’t help but feel the guilt running to my whole. This is all because of me.

“Mom, dad” I mumble not knowing where to start. They both turn around to look at me with their eyes wide. My mom was the one who run towards me first to envelope me in her arms.

“I’m sorry.” I told her as I cry in her arms.

“Shh, sweeties please stop; don’t cry it’s not your fault okay? We should be the one apologizing to you.”

“No mom, I disrespect you and dad and I’m really sorry! Please forgive me!” I beg. What I did is not a reason for me to disrespect them.

Suddenly my father’s presence was felt as he embrace mom and I.

“Dad, I am sorry. Forgive me.” I told him.

“No honey, you did nothing and we understand what you did. I’m sorry if we kept it to you, we know that this day will come and us being selfish is not a reason but we want you to know that you are still our baby okay?” My father said and I nod at him while letting the tears fall from my face.

 “I forgive you mom and dad, while I’m away I’ve realize some things in life. Like I should be thankful for you to accept me and love me, I will never be who I am now without you. It’s all you mom and dad and I will forever be grateful for it” I told them honestly.

“Oh darling,” my mom cried once more and kissed every inch of my face.

“We are so lucky to have you baby, you have no Idea.” My father said and embraces me once more.

  After a couple of minute with crying and exchanging words, we all gathered in the living room.

“Where is James by the way?” I asked and my father said;

“He is out, says he just needs some time alone but be back tonight. He didn’t take the news so well Samy. Your brother loves you so much and now that he knew that he is not really your brother hurts him so much. While you were away, every night he kept on asking us ‘why’.” My mother said and I kept holding back my tears. I love my brother too much also.