Love Will Lead You Back

KINDLY READ THE AUTHORS NOTE IN THE END:)

Enjoy reading :)

*****

I don't know If I'm just dreaming.

I don't know If I should be happy or not.

I don't know , I don't know.

"Sister, You look like you've seen a ghost. Why is that?" Henry didn't know . Should I tell him?

"It's nothing." I lied.

How can I tell him that the new project that I'll be doing is being partnered by the man I loved. And still do.

"Are you sure? You know you can talk to me."

"Okay, so it's all about Luke." I slowly looked at him.

"Luke? What about him?"

I sighed deeply before speaking. "He is going to be my client on this project". I wave the white folder in the air and slammed it on the table.

"No way! I'm sorry Sam. How I wish we can exchange, but you know it's impossible. "

"I know, and it's fine. I just don't know why I'm feeling like this."

Standing up and pulling down my dress, I walked to the window. Looking at the beautiful city.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You know how hard I tried and am still trying to forget him Henry. But here I am, thinking of him. It's not going to be easy being around him, it will not help me to forget him." I turned to him and he nodded at me, telling me to continue.

"He acted like he didn't know me when I saw him a couple of days ago. I don't know what he is trying to show me. Before, our love is like a fire, it's burning. And now I feel like it's like winter in the summer. It's cold. Three years, three years being with him and I never once regretted everything about it. I don't regret loving him."

When I look at Henry, he is already crying. One of the reasons I hate sharing my story to others. It makes me feel bad.

"Please don't cry. I don't want to cry too." I beg.

"It's just so hard being in your position. And as a friend, I know I can't help you. But remember that I'm a good listener, I may not give you the best advice but just know that I am here."

This is why I thank God everyday, for giving me these people .

***

Henry, Myra and I are going to the club tonight to have some fun. Well, that's what they said.

" I love that song!" Myrna exclaimed. We're dancing like there is no tomorrow.

"They can imitate you,
But they can't duplicate you. 'Cause you got something special, that makes me want to taste you... "

Swaying our hips left to right.

"I'm thirsty, I'll go get some drinks. You guys stay and shake that thing okay?" They just laughed.
I made my way to the bar, asking for a sherbet and some finger food.

"Woah, I never thought I'll be seeing you here. " A manly voice got my attention. I turned around and see Ethan, wearing a blue shirt, black pants. Which make him hotter three times.
But of course, Luke is still my number one on my list.

"Ethan, it's you again!"

"Yeah, it's me. So, you're alone?"
We were interrupted by the bartender giving me my order. But as I grab my wallet, Ethan beat me to it and pay the bartender immediately.