Breathe In, breathe out

'Breathe in, breathe out' I told to myself. On the way they talk and laugh together, I can't help but think on how their families were so closed together. In some way, I feel so out casted in here while watching all of them. I know I'm not supposed to get jealous of the attention she was getting but hey, I'm a woman too who has feelings and besides I really thought that tonight is going to be me, Luke and his family dinner but yet he didn't tell me that it's a plus one edition!

I mentally high five Nicole when she asked Tanya what is she doing in here and Tanya said that Luke told her that we are having a dinner and in some point he invited her to tag along tonight, one thing that made me a little upset about but I can't do anything about it because this is his house and besides she is a family friend so why not.

The whole dinner were filled of Tanya's journey being a famous ballerina and on how many countries she have been to and competed too. She really has all the things that a girl wants and I don't think that there is still something missing in her life, because everything on her is perfect. I can't help but look at her beauty, if I was a guy I think I'll go after her. She told everyone that she doesn't have a boyfriend right now but she said that she is already eyeing someone right now.

Once in a while Luke used to look at me and smiled at me and inserts me in the conversation they are having but it ends real quick as Tanya said something about Luke and her childhood days.

Thank god that the dinner were already over, I made my way to the kitchen to help the other helpers wash the dishes. I met this helper named Lara who's in her late forties; she is really nice and sweet. We talked about his son who is also around my age and she said that she's been working in here for her whole life because the Carlton Family were the one who helped her parents before and she is just returning the kindness they gave. She told me how she saw Luke from the moment he was born in this world and on how kind he is to everyone. She also told me how Tanya's family and the Carlton family were so closed together and now I understand. Her dad and Luke's dad were best friends since grade school so that's how it all started.

I'm putting all the plates on the sink so it will be less work for Lara. She told me not to help her but for me it is fine, it's just a small thing.

"You are really such a good kid you know?" Lara said and I just blushed on her compliment.

"It's nothing Lara, but thanks though" I told her and she smiled back at me.

"No one has ever treated us like that aside from this family" she said and some part of me saddens on her words.

Suddenly Luke showed up and rolled his eyes at me.

"What?" I asked him.

"I keep on looking at you everywhere and I just found out you are here with Lara." He said while he sits beside me.

"Well you are not good at looking everywhere because if you are, you will found me here already." I told him and chuckle.

"Whatever babe, anyway what are you doing in here?" he asked as he kissed my temple quickly.

"Nothing, I'm just talking to Lara about everything."I smiled at Lara and saw Luke nodded at me.

"Why are you looking for me anyway?"

"We are all at the garden at the back to have some tea, let's go?" he asks, honestly I don't want to go there.

"Ahmm, can I just stay here and help Lara and the others?" I asked and I can see his eyebrows raised.