He moved on so fast

I never expected it to be like this, looking around me I found it weird? No I mean the feeling is so foreign.

As we are gathered around in this huge kitchen table having lunch together is so different than I expected. I was actually expecting it to be like awkward and silence you know but it was the total opposite of what is on my head. I was sitting beside James on the left and in front of me are my twin brothers sitting side by side. My biological parents were on my right side while mom and dad were sitting on the left side of the table. We are all eating and talking happily. It feels like we are a big family here. Both parties were smiling and I can say that things were just so right.

“We want to see your shop one time David, we want to see where Samantha grew up.”  Mr. Thompson said to my dad.

"No problem, you are so welcome. Just tell me when so we could prepare you something Henry.” My dad said.

“I’m going to show you Rose all of her cute pictures!” My mom said excitedly to Mrs. Thompson.

Mrs. Thompson giggles as she wipes the mouth of one of the twins and said. “That’s a plan then! I am so excited about this trip, I can tell.” Mrs. Thompson said.

“We are going to a trip?!” The twins beamed happily.

“If you two were good then we are probably bringing you there okay?” Mr. Thompson said.

“That’s awesome! But what do you guys have there? You know we are just five and probably get bored.”  They asked as they are showing their five fingers pertaining to their age.   

“Actually, I have a pet there named shark.” James said as he looks at the twins.

The twins look at one another as if like they just found out that James finally grew a halo.

“You do? That’s awesome! So you have a big pool?” they ask.

“No it’s a dog, a very good boy dog.” James said.

“But his name is shark? That’s a fish not a dog!” they protest.

“Sometimes I don’t understand guys like you, you are mature yes but your ways of thinking just don’t suit you.” One of the twins said. Sometime I wonder if they are really just five.

“That’s okay because it’s my dog.” James said and I nudge him.

“You are weird but we like you, who are you anyway?” they ask him.

“I’m James, Samantha’s brother.” The twins look at me and then James.

“I’m confused mommy; I thought Sammy is our sister?”

“We will explain it to you later honey okay?” Mrs. Thompson said.

After that lunch and everything, we are all said our goodbyes.

We have decided, and it includes the both parties that I should stay there with my biological family for awhile to catch up everything. I can go to my mom and dad every time that I want to. While I stay here, I can go at my mom and dad house every weekend. I told them that I think I need to fix everything first because I still have work.

“That’s what I want to tell you also Sam, you know we have a family business and I want you to help me running it. You and your brother are going to be the one who will own it in the future so I want you to be familiarizing it.” Mrs. Thompson said.

“You will give it to us?” I ask in disbelief.

“Yes, please I can’t give it to anyone but you and your brothers only. I want you to accept it please.” He begs.