Moving forward

'It's alright to feel scared and nervous'. I remember what my mom told me. She said that it's part of it.

I sigh as I was looking at the plain cream painted on my wall. As I look around at my flat, this is where I used to have most of my memories with Luke, my friends and family. All the happy moments, the heartbreaks, the crazy things, everything! I smile to myself as I reminisces all the things or moments that happened in here. I grew so much in here.

No one knows yet that Luke and I were totally over. That everything between the two of us was now just a memory.

Dialing Myra's number and waiting for her to pick it up.

"Hello," she muttered.

"Wanna go for a lunch?" I asked her smiling.

"Thank God! You are a life saver, okay so see you after thirty minutes at our favorite place?" she beamed happily.

"Uhmm, why don't you come here and I'll cook? Then after that we can go outside?" I suggest to her.

"Great Idea, okay I'm coming! Want me to bring anything?" she asked.

"Nah, just bring your pretty face in here. Oh, and by the way' call Henry to come also." I told her.

"Okay, see you!"

***

"What you cooking darling?" she asked as she sit on the kitchen stool.

"It's chicken adobo, a recipe from the Philippines. Believe me, it's the best!" I told her proudly.

"How did you learn cooking this? Google?" she teases and I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Of course not, remember I have a cousin from the Philippines?" I said as I put the meal on the table.

"Smells good huh..." she said while looking at the food.

I put the rice on the table while she takes a sit and ready to eat. She looks at me suspiciously.

"I know but before you ask, I told you earlier that I love rice especially with this dish." I smiled at her and she smiled at me too.

We both pray first before starting eating.

"Hmm, this is really good! Like over!" she moaned grabbing another of chicken adobo.

"I told you right!" I said savoring the goodness of the food.

"Anyway, I thought I ask you to call Henry?" I asked and this time, it's Myra who rolled her eyes at me.

"You wouldn't want to know." She said with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Try me," I challenge.

"He is out of the country, having the time of his life without telling us." I almost choke when I heard her explanation. How can he? We are like three musketeers you know? It won't kill him telling us that he will spread his wings to fly around somewhere in the globe right?

"What? Without telling us where he will go?" I asked.

"I know right, I went to his flat and his neighbor said that Henry is out of the country." She explained.