He is long gone

He is gone and he will never come back. I was crying all the way from the restaurant to Myra's place. Harry said that I passed out for a while after hearing the news. Harry called his driver to drive us because he wanted to comfort me at the back and I didn't argue because that is the last thing I want to do right now. I wish that I was dreaming right now, I wish that I could wash away the pain.

"Sshh... "Harry hushed while kissing my head. His arms wrapped around my body.

"He's gone Harry," I whispered to him.

Nodding he just kissed me again and said; "Everything will be fine okay?"

After a minute, we are finally at Myra's place and I saw her running to me.

"Myra!" I shouted and hug her as she reached me. We both cry harder until we calmed ourselves.

"How did you know?" I ask her as I pulled away from her and wipe away our tears.

"His mom called me, saying that Henry is now at peace. I was so confused and asked her again and she said that Henry just died. He suffered from cancer that's why he left. He didn't want us to worry anymore, saying that he didn't want to be a burden." Myra said that made us cry once again.

I saw Harry and my brother James do some brother hug from my side.

"I know you are not going to believe me, but think I saw him earlier outside the restaurant before you called. He is smiling ear to ear, like he is so happy." I told her truthfully.

"I believe you, I don't know why but I think I saw him too crossing the street yesterday. He is wearing his favorite shirt that we bought him last year." She told me.

"Maybe he just wants us to know that he is in the better place now." I told her and she sniffs and nods at me.

"His mother said that they will call us whenever they arrive with his ashes." She said and I bit my lip.

"I know Sam, It's so strange and I don't even want think that he is gone but I have to. I mean we have to." She added.

"It's just so unreal; I'm really going to miss the day we spend with him. I'm going to miss him." I told her.

"Me too, me too." She whispered and hugs me.

***

Two days has gone after we went to Henry's family place. The moment we saw his ashes, we couldn't help but cry harder. His mom just keeps on comforting us. I know that she is just trying her best not to give in, in front of us. His mom is one of the sweetest people we have ever met. That day, she gave us a separate paper that Henry wrote one for Myra and one for me but we didn't bother to read it now. Maybe some other time but not now, we talked about everything that happens to him while he is away. How he fights for his battle and how brave he is to still have a smile on his face while he is already hurting inside. It pains her so much and as a mother, saying that if she could only takes his pain away then she would do it whatever it takes.

"It's been like almost a week and I still feel like empty." I told Myra as we are both sitting at the park looking at the lake with the sun setting off.

"I know the feeling and I couldn't even think straight you know. Like when I'm home, I only think about 'is he really gone?' it really hurt so much. I miss our friend." Myra said.

"It's only us now Myra and I want you to promise me one thing."

"What is it?" she asked.

"Promise me that you are not going to leave me okay? That if there is something going on, you will tell it on my face straight! I can't afford losing a friend or I mean someone special to me again." I told her and she nodded.

"Me too, and I promise you that. You have my word Sam."

"Let us just remind ourselves that he is now in a better place every time we think of him." I said.

"I know that he is looking at us right now," I told her as we look up at the sky.

"Nah, I don't think so, I think he is actually looking at his crush right now while he is taking a bath! You know how he always jokes about it saying that when he dies, he will hunt every guy on earth." We both laugh harder and suddenly a strong wind makes the both of us silent. I don't know why I feel like someone just embraced my whole. I bit my lip and looks at Myra to see her doing the same.

"I think it's him, saying that he is just around. Letting us know not to worry too much." Myra said and I can't help but cry once again.

We are both crying again. Call us crazy but I don't care, I know one time we are laughing then after we are crying. I don't care because this is us and I'm proud to say that I have the real and best of friends on earth.

"We are going to make it through okay?" I said.

"Yes, we will and we have to." Myra promised.

***

"You want more Samy?" Jonny said as he and Danny looks at me.

After hearing about Henry, the twins decided to sleep on my room with me every night. Saying that they didn't want to see me crying again, they pampered in small ways like helping mama prepare some breakfast for me. They are just too cute and as the day passes by, I value more my life and loved ones more. Life is too short.

I'm still on the process of accepting that he is already gone now but he will always be here inside my heart and that he will never be forgotten.

"No thank you baby," I said as I kissed his head and then Danny's head.

The door is wide open and Harry's head showed up with a smile on his face.

Moving towards us, he kissed the twins and then me.

"So, what do you guys want to do today?" He asked the twins and they won't stop naming places I don't even know where or even if the place do exist.

"You okay?" He whispery said as he kissed me on the lips, making me smile.

"Yeah, I'm doing fine. You don't have to worry about me. How about you?" I asked as I trace his cheeks with my thumb.

Kissing the palm of my hand, he said;

"I'm good as long as you are too." He smiled at me.

We are all interrupted by our helper knocking on our open door.

"Samantha, I'm sorry for interrupting you but someone is waiting for you downstairs." She said.

Harry looks at me and I shrug.

"Thanks but did you know who it is?" I asked her.

"He is talking to your papa. I think his name is Luke?" she said and that's make me confused even more.

***

Hello, thank you for reading!

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Love you all