Who am I?

Have you ever felt like the world is playing you upside-down? Like there is no place that you can't hide, a place you can't be safe? I feel so betrayed.

As I stood there without them noticing me, I couldn't help but cry. There are a lot of things running in my head;

If this is not my family, so where are they?

How long they will hide it from me?

Is this is a punishment for me?

I want to know 'who am I?'

Never would have I thought that in just a snap, everything will change.

My vision got blurry as I keep on crying. I saw my father walks towards me, he was crying and ready to embrace me but before it happen, I stop him. Moving a one step back, I saw my mother and brother in the view wearing a blank space. They knew I heard everything.

"For how long?" I ask.

"Sweetie," my mom said but I just shook my head.

"No, please, I want the truth and nothing more."

My dad sighed deeply and wipes away the tears that fell from his face.

"We're so sorry; this is not how we wanted it to be." My father said and I frown.

"So tell me, tell me how you wanted it to be." I demand. Anger and sadness were flowing inside me.

"We are just looking for a perfect timing to tell you but recently is not the best time for it, after everything that happened to you, believe me darling that I have no intention to hide it away from you" My father said with his voice filled with sadness matching his face.

"You all lied to me and I can't believe it! All my life I thought that I'm part of this family but I was wrong, I was not and never will be part of this family! I don't belong here..." I cried and suddenly James run beside me and hugs me. I can feel him crying as he kissed the top of my head.

"No! No Sam! We are a family okay? You are my sister and I am your brother, everything will be fine." He murmured on the top of my head.

"I need to clear my head for the meantime. Don't worry about me because I'll be back and we will talk about this. I'll be fine." I said pushing them away.

"No, please honey don't do this to us." My mother pleads as I hear my father and brother doing the same but I ignore it even how much I love them, I still need time.

"I have to do this, this is what I need for a moment but I'll be back. I promise you that." sniffling. With that, I run away from them. Away from what I thought once was mine.

***

My car and I were now in the best of friends' relationship. At least my car catches me every time I'm down. I know how bad it is to drive a car when you were crying but who am I going to call at this time? I wipe my tear and sped the gas making my way to whatever the road leads me.

I put my bag on the floor and jumps on my bed. Pulling out my phone, I saw a bunch of missed calls and messages from my family. I'm pretty sure that my friends find out already because I saw their names flashing on the screen but one name just caught my eyes. It's no other than Luke. Debating whether to open it or not, I put my phone back to the side table of the bed.