Begin Again

We are sitting at the bench facing the lake in front of us. It was a cold night.

It reminds me about our past as we sit in here side by side together.

"I'm sorry; you should have not seen that." I told him but still looking at the lake.

"That's okay, I'm here to listen you know." He said.

I was contemplating whether I am going to tell him or not but I refuse not to.

"Thanks but that's okay, I'll be fine. It's just good to let it out." I said.

I look at him and he nods at me. I can feel him thinking deeply as we are sitting here in silent.

"It's getting cold in here, you up for a coffee?" He asks nicely.

"Thanks but I think I'll just stay here for a while. I'm sorry; I'm just not really into it right now." I told him and he nods.

"You don't have to apologize, its okay. Uh, what are you doing in here this late by the way?" he asks.

I gave him a small smile and said;

"I just need some time to take my mind off of something..." I said as I look back at the lake.

"How about you?" I ask.

"The same reason as you, I want to know if I'm doing the right thing in my life. I want to know if this is what I really want. Everything, everything just seems to be a question for me." He said as he looks at me and I nod.

"I understand, everything was a blur. It's like a big puzzle."

We are both in silence until he speaks,

"What happened to us?" He wonder and his question made me think about everything.

I look at him and shrug,

"Things just get out of hand, I guess..." I mumbled.

After a while, he speaks again;

"I need to tell you something," He said and I wait for him to continue.

"Go on," I said.

His phone rings and I saw a picture of a woman flashing on the screen. The woman he dates.

Luke looks at his phone then mine, I gave him a smile.

"That's okay, you go answer it." I told him.

Inside me, I really don't want him to go but what Luke and I had were now just part of the history. He's happy now with her. I hate how I'm feeling right now, I feel so jealous with her.

I know I shouldn't be feeling this but I can't help it.

Does it mean I still... No, don't even go there Sam.

"It can wait," He decided.

"What if it's an emergency?" I ask him.

"And what if it's not?" He said back.

We both chuckle.

"Don't be so stubborn and answer it." I said through laughs and he is just looking at me.

"I'm not," he said smiling at me.

I missed that smile.

"You haven't change." I told him.

The phone stops ringing and he smiled at triumphant.

"See I told you! It's nothing important." He said and we both laugh.

After laughing, we finally calm and sigh with a smile in our faces.

"I love seeing you smile," He said out of the blue.

I look to see his eyes bore into mine. Those eyes that are one of the reasons that made me fall in love with him.

He moves a little closer to me that made me nervous but somehow made me wonder what he is going to do next.

"I love making you smile, you have no Idea how hard it is for me to see you cry." He said as he never leaves his eyes to mine.

"If I could just wash all the pain you are feeling right now, I will do it for you..." He said as he lean his head to mine.

My heart beats faster and I saw him take a glimpse of my lips then back to my eyes.

I was so nervous that I was reminding myself to breathe normally but things just get a little intense.

We are just a little inches away when his phone rings again. The picture of her flash again on his phone and that makes him groans. I was so embarrassed.

Moving away from him, I gave him a smile.

"You should have answered it earlier, It might be urgent you know. I think I should go, it's getting late. You too, drive safely the road is a little bit slippery. It was good to see you again. "I told him and stood up and walk.

I can hear him sigh deeply before answering the phone.

***

Do I really going to do that?

Is he really going to kiss me or it's just me?

Luke is happy being with someone else now Sam, you will never be like her.

I shook my head and think about Harry, when he is doing the dirty thing with that girl, does he ever think of me while he is kissing her?

As I enter the house, I saw mama papa looks so depressed. They have their phones talking to whoever it is. I look at my watch to see that it's already three twenty eight in the morning. What is going on here? I told them I'll be staying at Harry's place tonight so they don't have to worry. Is it about the twins? No not the twins please!

"Mama, Papa?" I said.

They turn around and run to me. They hug me tightly.

"Sam! Oh my darling, you scared us! I thought something might happen to you!" Mama said as she kissed my cheeks.

"I'm good; I'm good, what's going on in here?" I ask.

"Harry came a few hours ago looking for you, he said you left his house and he can't find you anywhere so we started calling some cops for a help and some of our friends asking if you were there." Papa said and I was really felt bad for what I just did.

"I'm really sorry; I didn't mean to make you worry. I really am." I told them and they just hug me.

"No darling its okay, you being safe is enough. Next time, you always check your phone okay?" Mama said and I nod.

"Harry is the one who is responsible for this; I will talk to him but you and I will talk some other time okay?" Papa said.

"Papa just leaves Harry alone, I'm here now and I'm fine." I told him and he shook his head.

"Darling you don't get it, I'm your father. Harry and I talked about it before and I won't let it slip. Don't worry I'm not going to kill him." He said and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"See you tomorrow Papa." I said.

"See you tomorrow princess." He said.

After my mama leads me to my room, I sigh and think about what is going to happen next in my life.

Next update- Tuesday

***

Hello, thank you for reading!

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Love you all