Chapter 45: Mustang Code

Kash held onto Alesha because I knew some part of him felt fully responsible for what happened to Elliot. But it was hard to hug her because her stomach was in the way. 

"Any day now?" I asked her as I stepped fully into the house and Sierra left the living room, four years old now and still as cheery as the day Elliot brought her over. I feel so terrible because she was so close to her father.

"Yup. I found out that I was pregnant, shortly after Elliot-" Alesha began saying.

"Yeah..." Kash cut it short because he didn't want to hear her say it.

"Cookie!" Sierra approached Kash and jumped into his arms. Kash hesitated and then lifted her up, kissing her on the cheek. "I don't see you anymore." 

"I know, I've just been a little busy." he told her which was half way the truth, everyone was avoiding them. 

I looked at Alesha who was looking me over long and hard. I guess she could see my stomach because it's poking out and I slowly covered it without looking at her.

"So what did you have to tell us?" Kash asked as he walked further inside and sat down on the couch with Sierra. 

Alesha and I sat in the living room area and I sat away from her because I felt very uncomfortable. "I just haven't heard from any of you which made you guys seem very sneaky since I don't know exactly what happened that night." she folded her arms over her stomach and squinted in Kash's direction.

Alesha sent Sierra to go in her room and play with her dolls while we remained out in the living room. Alesha's eyes teared up and she wiped them and showed us her left hand that had a ring on it, "Elliot proposed to me weeks before, Kash. I was getting married this summer and we planned to have this baby. But all of that went to dust with you and this stupid.....this stupid little street gang." I remember when I felt this way.

"Alesha, how do you think I feel? Elliot was like my brother, no one planned this." Kash tried to explain.

"He was LIKE your brother. He's the father to Sierra and our unborn daughter and he was my fiance." she teared up again "I lost everything that day and you guys said not a thing to me."

Kash was trying to make her feel better but he was doing a terrible job so I cut in, "Can I tell you what happened?" I asked her.

"No, Cam." Kash snarled at me.

"Please do tell me because all I know is that he died because of a bullet wound and I know you guys know who did it." she looked over at me and I looked down. I never really talked to her but she is intimidating and scary but you could tell she is a strong person. 

I sighed, "So they," I pointed to Kash "Set up a small gang in Vegas and had them selling drugs. Kash and the rest of them take all the drug money and pass it off t a bigger guy than them and it eventually goes to the drug lord, Diablo. And the guys in Vegas wanted to be at the top so they got someone to kill Elliot...to mess with you guys."