Chapter 44: Trafficking

Christmas was pretty good. We had all of the gifts wrapped and we gave them out and even recieved a few. Everyone came over to our home, even Carol Ann and the boys and they were playing with Marbles all day. I made a huge Christmas dinner for everyone and Kash took what seemed to be a million pictures.

I got a nice gift for Kash that he didn't know about and he was pretty happy when he saw it. I went out and bought him liquor. Yes, I did. I allowed him to have some drinks and he was okay with that. I didn't expect a gift from him since he does so much, but he bought me a reading tablet that came with a 200 dollar gift card in books that I could purchase. It had an app store for games and other forms of entertainment but I was mostly focused on all of the books that I could read.

After Christmas day, Carol Ann and the boys came over again because she said she felt comfortable around me because I wasn't too wild and crazy and her southern accent was just as amazing as Travis' accent. Even the boys had a little accent when they uttered words.

But today was old years night and Kash told me that tonight he was going to make me party, even if I didn't want to.

My hair was curled and I wore something pretty simple and Kash looked his usual best as we headed to a place I did not know in Kash's Mustang.

"Kash, you know I don't party." I told him as I played with the camera in my hands.

"I know that." he told me.

It was 9 at night and we were probably going to some nasty strip club, the last place I wanted to be. But we were headed into a pretty decent area and soon we pulled up in front of this book store slash a cafe called Every Nook N' Cranny.

"Wait, what are doing here?" I asked Kash as we parked.

"Just come on." he told me.

We got out of the car and walked to the front of the book store. It looked like an old wooden home and I could hear the R&B music coming from inside. It was a book store with strictly African American, West Indian and Latino books and authors. As we stepped inside, I smelled all of the food and looked around at all of the people that were there.

There was a table set up in the entrance, "Hi, welcome to Every Nook N' Cranny's New Years celebration." A woman smiled up at us "Names please."

"Cammie and Raoul." Kash said. The woman checked our names off and gave us a pin with our names on us and told us to enjoy.

"Kash you don't have to be bored because of me. Are you sure you don't want to go and have fun?" I asked him.

"I'm good. They have a bar in here." he told me.

As we eased our way in, I found myself by the table full of food and my plate was stacked high. Kash looked around and tapped my arm, "You are so embarassing. Stop eating so much." Kash complained.

"I can't help it." I liked the hot sauce off of m fingers. "I'm pregnant."