Chapter 62: Copper Drowned Blood

Kash backed out of the driveway in his Mustang, he usually uses the sedan when we are going somewhere with Riley but this as business so he had to break out the all black Mustang. Kash took off down the street and I turned around and stared at wide eyes Riley. She was clutching onto the  red power ranger and looked at me, confused and probably scared.

"Mommy why is daddy driving so fast?" she asked me. 

"Because we want to get to Rebekah's house really fast, okay. Just hold on." I told her as Kash's car screeched to a car and our bodied jerked and then he turned the corner, hopping the curb. 

"It'll take us about 4 hours to get there right?" I asked Kash as he kept driving. 

"No, it'll take me 4 hours or less to get there. Not us." he corrected. 

I rolled my eyes, "Kash, I'm not just coming along to come along and I'm not trying to butt in like there is actually something I can physically do but you need to trust me. Yeah you go around and do what you do but you'll be nothing without me. I am the brains." I told him.

"So you're telling me that I'm not smart?" he asked me.

"I never said that, there are just certain areas where I excel more than you do and I'm going." I told him. 

Kash didn't respond and after a while we turned down the one way street where Rebekah's apartment was located. It was close to her college and a lot of the students lived around this area so we tried not to make a scene. 

"Go and bring her inside." Kash told me as he parked and took his phone out.

"No, you do it. The last thing I want you to do is drive off and leave me here. I'm not stupid." I said. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Rebekah so that she could come outside and take Riley. Rebekah dragged herself outside on no time with her slippers on and pajamas, "Never do this again." she told me as she opened the back door and Riley came out.

"What time will you guys be back?" she asked us as she held onto Rebekah's leg.

"Soon, don't worry." Kash said as he rolled down his window and leaned out, "Now give me kiss." he told her. 

Riley frowned and her lips quivered like she was about to cry. She looked down and kicked at Rebekah's slippers, "Riley give me a kiss." Kash said again and Riley walked slowly over to the door and kissed Kash on the chin and he kissed her nose. "Don't cry, we'll be right back."

"Haha, we. You're taking me." I clapped.

"This is not the time." Kash looked back at me and scowled.

"Oh hush before I unleash my moves." I told him.

"Don't try to make me laugh right now." he warned.

"I'm not, I'm serious." I told him. Kash tuned back to Riley who was rubbing her eyes from both tiredness and tears.

"When we pick you up, we'll do something fun okay. I promise. I won't stay too long and your cousin will keep you company." Kash told Riley but Riley was already crying. Kash sighed and told her to move back so that he could get out of the car. 

Kash lifted Riley up and she wrapped around him, "Why do you always do that when I have to go? I can't always stay, I have....I have work." he told her.

Rebekah took the temporary seat in the drivers seat and whispered, "If drug lord and work are the equivalent then yes." she laughed. Rebekah looked over at me and then at my stomach, "Hmph...he knocked you up really good this time."

"Shut up. You are so inappropriate sometimes. Think before you speak." I told her.

"Like you do." she rolled her eyes.