Chapter 48: Learning Love

"I think this sweater will look better against his skin. It can't be too bright but it can't be too dark, you know?" Simone asked me as we stood in the Men's Boutique on the main avenue. Simone held the warm green sweater against my body. "The color would look really nice on him."

Simone added the sweaters to the other two that were in my hand and I decided that I would stop here because it already came up to about 300 dollars. "You think he'd like this?" I asked Simone as I fixed my sweat pants. I'm going to need to buy bigger clothes soon.

"Of course he would. He's a Bill Cosby sweater type of guy." Simone smiled as we headed to the register and I paid for everything. 

During February, the gang made trips back and forth to Vegas to talk with the leaders of the two gang there and they have full support from the Blue Zeros here in California. So now it was March, March first and everyone but me, Simone and Travis were in Vegas, trying to prep the smaller Vegas gang for things that they will face in this new hiearchy. But Kash's birthday is tomorrow and he won't be coming back until tomorrow at around 5 in the afternoon and then they are treating him to a nice dinner. But I wanted to at least get him something.

As Simone and I left the store and started walking down the boulevard, we stopped in a little place to eat. We just ordered something to drink and we split a sandwich even though I wanted the whole thing. Before Kash left this morning, he made me eat a whole fruit salad and man did that make me mad, especially because he sat there and watched me, making sure I ate it all. Oh well, he left and I took the cookies he had told me not to eat. I hope he didn't count them.

"So you're just getting him three sweaters?" Simone asked me as we sat down and began eating.

This is where I felt embarassed and I propped my head up with my hands up, "Oh boy, SImone. I don't want to say it but I am so worried." I complained.

"About what? He'll like the sweaters." she told me as she sipped her soft drink from the straw.

"No, I feel so boring and awkward." I told her as I sighed and sipped the fruit juice from the straw. 

"Well you're awkward for sure, not boring. You're just not wild." Simone smiled at me and comforted me, 

"No like..." I looked around and leaned in "Okay so for Kash's birthday I wanted to get him the sweaters but you know he's going to want something else right?" I whispered.

"What, matching ties?" she asked.

"Don't make me say it because you know what I mean." I smacked the table softly and Simone laughed. 

"Okay. Okay. What makes you feel awkward and boring? The pregnancy and still doing that?" she asked me.

"No, it's like. I feel like I don't do much. Like he's just feeling good because he's making the dfecisions and I just feel good because I let him do everything he wants to do. And I feel like he's used to doing it with, you know nasty girls and I am such a downgrade." I sighed and played with the juice.

"Cammie, are you comfortable with your body?' Simone asked me.