Chapter 65: Misunderstandings

[Not in Cammie's POV]

Cammie was upset with herself that this Tuesday morning she was packing her bags to head to New Jersey with her sister and their families. As she put the red suitcase on her bed, she unzipped it and flung it open, making Kash look at her weird as he stood on the other side of the bed. Cammie went into the closet, pulling out clothes that she needed and put the new clothes that she had to buy in her suitcase. They were so used to the warm weather in California and knows she has to go home and face the cold winter.

"What's the problem?" Kash asked Cammie as he packed his clothes away.

"I don't want to see them." Cammie complained as she found a way to stuff some of her shoes in the suitcase.

"We don't have to go." Kash tried to explain to her like he has been all week because in all honesty, he didn't want to go either.

"But I promised Candice that I would go and it's too late now." Cammie complained and looked over at Kash. Kash came around the bed to give Cammie a hug and she huffed, hugging him back.

"Whatever happens, just make the best of it. Like you said, it's too late now and you made a promise that you would do it for your sister." Kash reminded her and rubbed her back.

"I know." she nodded and pulled away softly. "Is Camron still asleep?" she asked him.

"Yeah, I already put some of his things in that other suitcase that I have, matter of fact, him and Riley's stuff are in there." he told her.

"Mommy." Riley came in the room looking around.

"What is it?" Cammie turned around and asked, putting on a smile even though she felt kind of sick inside.

"Where is my Power Ranger blanket?" Riley asked as she rocked on her feet.

Cammie's eyes widened and she looked back at Kash who put his hand over his mouth and turned around, laughing, leaving Cammie to come up with a lie. They did wash the blanket after that night but still it would be wrong to give Riley that blanket back to roll up in and take naps on. Cammie and Kash felt guilty about it and decided to tuck the blanket away somewhere.

"Uhm, it was so dirty because Marbles- thought it for his litter box." Cammie tried and Riley tilted her head to the side.

"Really?" she asked, "He must have wanted a bigger space to go potty on." she looked saddened.

"I'll buy you another one and a pillowcase to match. Sounds good?" Cammie asked.

"Sounds good." Riley beamed and left the room.

Cammie turned around and looked at Kash who started laughing by the bathroom door, 'Marbles thought it was his litter box? Is that the best you can do?" he asked her.

"I was nervous. I thought she would just forget about it." Cammie covered her face. "Just get ready, let me go and check on Camron."