Chapter 23: Foundation

"So you're telling me, the spirit of you father is in you and that's how you magically came back to life?" I questioned Kash as I stared down at his phone, giving him directions, "Turn right on this street coming up and then make a slight right onto the main avenue." I read off of the screen.

"That's not the whole story but basically...yes." Kash told me as he followed the directions and merged into traffic.

"What else can you possibly lie about?" I chuckled and stared at the phone, "Go straight for 2 miles, destination on your right." I finished and tucked his phone in my pocket.

"You said it yourself, I was acting different." he reminded me as he took his eyes off of the road for a minute to look at me. Kash's black eyes were pleading for me to believe him but this is a lot to try and grasp.

"But you know that you are a very good actor. Scratch that, liar." I corrected myself.

"Well Cam, I'm not going to lie about something you felt too. And why would you bring it up in the first place?" he asked me. I honestly don't know why I said what I said when I did. What just took place had my mind in a mess and I sort of just blurted it out.

"I don't even remember it happening, that's the thing. You know what I could have done to you if I remained in that state?" Kash paused "I'm not a rapist, Cam."

"Suddenly you have morals?" I asked him.

Kash cut his eyes at me, "Don't joked with me about that." I dropped the conversation but Kash continued to talk as he drove, "Whatever has to be done to get rid of my dad has to be done. I should have done it before when she told me...." Kash mumbled the last part.

"When who told you?" I questioned him.

Kash sighed and looked at me, "You told me one day that you studied origins of names and languages and dialect. All of that stuff, right?" he asked me.

"Yeah," I answered slowly.

"Have you ever heard of the name Pipaluk?" he asked me.

"Pipaluk? No. But it sounds like Native American." I pondederd on the the name for a while.

Kash remained silent as he pulled up in front of a place that had, 'Simone's Summons' in bold red lerrers on ablack banner. The store windows were filled with scary images of people burning in hell and soulds being ripped out of bodies. I swallowed hard and looked at Kash.

"How did you find this place?" I asked him.

"I told you last week that I wouldn't be home much. I was looking for a place like this." he told me. Kash shut the car off and then he turned to look at me, "DOn't be scared." he warned me.

"Too late." I breathed in and out heavily and pulled the bottom of my eyes because for some reason I wanted to cry.

"Don't tell me you're about to cry. Nothing even happened yet." he pulled my hands and stared at me, "Listen to me...calm down, calm down. Don't go in there and start panicking."

I nodded and Kash stepped out of the car and I followed him to the door. When the door opened, a cold breeze nearly pushed us back and the door chime sounded like a high pitched whining. The place was kind of dark and the pictures on the wall got even scarier.

Kash and I walked up to the counter and I touched the glass, looking at what was inside. The eye of an ox, ashes, no faced dolls and other scary looking objects. Kash rang the bell on the counter and leaned on it, loooking at me. I looked up at him quickly and then my eyes dropped.

Kash pulled my face up with his hand, "Cheer up. You don't want me to be worse that I already am, right?" he asked me. I nodded and sighed.

A woman came from behind a beaded curtain and smiled a set of bright white teeth that made her black lipstick stand out. She had pale white skin and dark makeup around her eyes that complimented her red contacts. Her hair was jet black with red tips and spiky. She had on a black shirt with red leather shorts and black fishnet stockings. Her black combat boots had chains as laces and were platform.